Tyler Saladino

BigHurt3515

There's really nobody up to be excited about.

Tilson and Narvaez are the only one who factor into 2017....Carlos Sanchez and Coats are filler, unless someone's really still on the Leury Garcia bandwagon.

Actually, the biggest concern of most fans might be Avi Garcia turning in another "false positive" reading and steering the front office into status quo inactivity for 2017, other than swapping out managers.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 14, 2016 -> 08:58 AM)
There's really nobody up to be excited about.

Tilson and Narvaez are the only one who factor into 2017....Carlos Sanchez and Coats are filler, unless someone's really still on the Leury Garcia bandwagon.

Actually, the biggest concern of most fans might be Avi Garcia turning in another "false positive" reading and steering the front office into status quo inactivity for 2017, other than swapping out managers.

Wow, I totally forgot Charlie Tilson existed. That poor guy.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Sep 14, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
For a grand total of 4 innings. The dude isn't an OF.

Saladino or Anderson are the fastest most athletic sox players. I'd be willing to bet either one would make a fine center fielder in a very short time.

T.A. is the shortstop of the future. Tyler would be even more valuable to the sox if he could also play outfield, ala Leury Garcia but with a real bat.

Avi Garcia is the fastest, according to some brilliant minds...that's where you get all these arguments about quickest to top speed, fastest, best range, best top/cruising speed, explosiveness, fast twitch muscles, quick vs. fast, etc.

Someone claimed Saladino had the best times to 1b out of the RH batter's box. Infield hits would be another indicator. Eaton's a leader there. Anderson's much more likely to hit into a DP.

Avi does have some high end too speed, but I have to imagine Anderson is fastest in a race of 1st to home. Eaton probably wins home to 1st because he's lefty and because Anderson's finish to his swing isn't conducive to getting out of the box quickly. Avi might actually be quicker to 1st. Saladino trails in all those, probably just above average speed overall.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 07:50 AM)
trivia: Saladino stole 33 out of 37 in 2015 combined AAA/Majors.

I read last year he was in the top 4 or 5 in baseball being timed from 1st to 2nd. I haven't read anything this year. I think Hamilton, Dyson, and some other minor league type were the only players faster.

He's a solid all around player. Not really eye popping. But valuable to have around.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 07:52 AM)
Unfortunately minor league numbers didn't hold up for Micah Johnson at all.

Once you get to AA and above, it's a different story.

You're basing that statement on the grand total of 38 games Micah Johnson has played in in which he has attempted 5 stolen bases?