Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 08:13 PM)
I'd like to see who is left on the White Sox and Giants rosters on August 1st before ruling the Sox out of the 2-spot. Fangraphs still has the Giants winning 71 games and the Sox 68 games.

As long as the Sox don't get to 70 wins, I'll be happy with whatever draft position they get--unless they get to 69 by sweeping the Indians the final weekend, and it costs them a spot or two.

Yea but imagine the Gronk points they'd get.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 10:20 AM)
I don't see how we could catch the Phillies, but #2 remains a possibility.

Anyone know the top three prospects in next year's draft? I know it's early, but it would be nice knowing if there is some elite positional talent, especially from the college ranks.

here is a nice list talking chop put together link

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 10:20 AM)
I don't see how we could catch the Phillies, but #2 remains a possibility.

Anyone know the top three prospects in next year's draft? I know it's early, but it would be nice knowing if there is some elite positional talent, especially from the college ranks.

Appears to be a strong class at the top but it's highlighted by high school players.

High School: Brice Turang SS CA, Jarred Kelenic OF WI, Kumar Rocker RHP GA, Joe Gray OF MS, Tristan Casas 1B FL

College: Brady Singer RHP Florida, Seth Beer 1B/LF Clemson, Luken Baker 1B TCU, Konnor Pilkington LHP Miss State

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/236744566/ji...-10-projection/

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 11:34 AM)
Appears to be a strong class at the top but it's highlighted by high school players.

High School: Brice Turang SS CA, Jarred Kelenic OF WI, Kumar Rocker RHP GA, Joe Gray OF MS, Tristan Casas 1B FL

College: Brady Singer RHP Florida, Seth Beer 1B/LF Clemson, Luken Baker 1B TCU, Konnor Pilkington LHP Miss State

Obviously early but Gray is unbelievable. He'd be my bet to go #1

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 11:26 AM)
here is a nice list talking chop put together link

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 11:34 AM)

Thanks for posting. While I wish there was Kris Bryant type college bat at the top, it sounds like Turang, Kelenic, & Gray are all elite high school talents. I'd be happy with any of those three and I think we'll have a great chance at one of them.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 12:58 PM)
Thanks for posting. While I wish there was Kris Bryant type college bat at the top, it sounds like Turang, Kelenic, & Gray are all elite high school talents. I'd be happy with any of those three and I think we'll have a great chance at one of them.

Well, you've got Beer's bat.

His glove however...

Luckily for the draft pick, the team is regressing offensively and unless Lopez comes up and dominates I don't see much positive regression for the SP either. This is looking closer to a 70 win team than an 80 win team. For a while it wasn't really clear. I will be happy anywhere in the top 5. It looks like a pretty strong draft at the top from what I can tell. Sox should be able to add a position player stud in the 3-5 range.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 06:08 PM)
There is too much competence on this team for them to bottom out completely. I'd love a top 3 pick but it's not going to happen. Hopefully they make up for that lost value on the trade market later this month.

They are currently on a 70 win pace with more from Davidson, Leury, Avi, and Sanchez than you ever could expect. They dump Q and Frazier and Robertson, they will finish pretty poorly.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 09:03 PM)
I wouldn't mind having that Vandy SS somewhere in the draft. I can't remember his name though...

EDIT: Ok, it apparently wasn't Vandy....ugh. I can't remember who it was, but Longenhagen was kind of gushing over him a month or two ago. s***, I can't remember.

Probably thinking of Nick Madrigal of Oregon St.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 09:12 PM)
Probably thinking of Nick Madrigal of Oregon St.

Noooo, it's driving me nuts, I've been googling it. I think he's a college player, definitely a SS. I'm thinking maybe he played for an SEC school. I think the idea is that he is playing himself in to 1st RD consideration, not that he's a top 10 pick or anything. So likely targeted for a 2nd RD. I'll have to do some more googling...

EDIT: I've spend the last half hour googling. I think I'm giving up.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 06:03 PM)
The Sox just got done with a quarter of a season playing .350 ball. Lot of road games and injuries, but it happened. 37-50 at the break, please.

38-49. Not bad, considering 1-5 against the A's.

Even if Giants trade a bunch of pieces I find it impossible they play as poorly in 2nd half.

I know it would be some crazy team ending up with worst record even though Padres looked like they were destined. I would have never guessed Giants thou.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
Even if Giants trade a bunch of pieces I find it impossible they play as poorly in 2nd half.

I know it would be some crazy team ending up with worst record even though Padres looked like they were destined. I would have never guessed Giants thou.

I don't even think they will trade a bunch. Just anyone with an expiring deal like Nunez.