Tim Anderson

Knackattack

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were up to me, I would send Tim to AA. Birmingham is only about an hour from his hometown of Tuscaloosa and three hours from Decatur, Mississippi where he went to college. I'd let him get around the family and friends that he has there and also let his maybe exorcise some of the demons of what happened to his friend. It might also help to see his friend's family; I know he said he is the god father to his late friend's daughter, so checking in on them might help relax him as well as help him grieve. It would also hopefully get him out of the public eye for a little bit so he can concentrate on the process of improving rather than worrying about the results. Hell, I might go so far as to not make him travel for every series and instead get him some personal coaches to work with him while also giving him more time away from the hectic schedule of the game. I'd probably leave him there for the rest of the AA season and call him back up when the rosters expand, but most importantly to let him know that this is the plan and that we're hoping to help him and that we're not giving up on him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 03:37 AM)
Yep if he's struggling as much emotionally as they are implying, then they need to get him help (I mean that in the most caring way possible). It does no one any good if he's incapable of focusing on the field because of the tragedy.

I agree. It's a no brainer. You have to be sensitive to what he's going through Get him some help and let him play out this wasted year in the minors near his hometown. He certainly doesn't look like a sure star anymore though he obviously has some tools. No reason to keep him in the bigs when he's in emotional pain. I agree Fathom. Good take IMO.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 02:15 PM)
Anderson hitting leadoff tonight. That's something I've never understood.

1. The Sox aren't playing for anything.

2. If everything pans out for TA, with his skill set I think he's a top of the order hitter.

They should bat him there and let him stick it out no matter how bad he struggles as he refines his game at the ML level. I said this before but I think they should bat Anderson, Moncada and Abreu 1-2-3 every game.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 02:15 PM)
Anderson hitting leadoff tonight. That's something I've never understood.

Get him as many PA as possible and try to salvage something from this lost year.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)
1. The Sox aren't playing for anything.

2. If everything pans out for TA, with his skill set I think he's a top of the order hitter.

They should bat him there and let him stick it out no matter how bad he struggles as he refines his game at the ML level. I said this before but I think they should bat Anderson, Moncada and Abreu 1-2-3 every game.

Anderson is a long term #9 or #7 right now. He's having a really awful year and it's lowered my expectations for his peak quite a bit. At best I think he's 2.5 WAR type now. There is no way you want a guy with his skillset leadoff. He doesn't take pitches, he never walks, he has an OBP BELOW .270 FFS and he isn't a good base stealer either.

He really is having a god awful season and at this point the contract they gave him is looking break even at best. All that said, it's not a big deal if he is nothing more than a backup on the next good Sox team and he's got at least another 600 PA to figure it out.

Instead of just saying he sucks, I looked more into Anderson's hitting stats. The biggest areas where he's fallen off from last year is his percent of hits with exit velocity of 95mph or more has gone from 35 pct to 30 pct. His average ground ball exit velocity is down 4 percent also

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 09:28 PM)
Instead of just saying he sucks, I looked more into Anderson's hitting stats. The biggest areas where he's fallen off from last year is his percent of hits with exit velocity of 95mph or more has gone from 35 pct to 30 pct. His average ground ball exit velocity is down 4 percent also

Which implies he isn't squaring the ball up.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 27, 2017 -> 05:13 PM)
Get him as many PA as possible and try to salvage something from this lost year.

Or Renteria has no clue. Anderson is hitting .224 from the leadoff and .280 from the 7th spot this year. He has been struggling but recently hitting from the 7 he raised his average 6 points. So the manager moves him to the 8 spot and then the leadoff and he goes two straight nights with nothing. Extra plate appearances form a position in the order where he has had major problems may not further his career at this stage.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 29, 2017 -> 02:17 AM)
You ever been able to do two things at once?

You're calling him out for sending a tweet. Even for you, that's a stretch.

On the field he looks like he's feeling sorry for himself. Now you see a tweet like this, and it just seems like he's in a bad place mentally.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2017 -> 03:53 AM)
Hanging up on tweets now? Bleh.

Tweeting from the locker room about not feeling the love seems very immature, especially considering how a huge part of the fan base he given him a pass for his miserable season.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 28, 2017 -> 10:35 PM)
Timmy needs to be sent down.

No, he needs to take his lumps and get better. This is a rebuild. Its not like we have some other SS prospect pushing Timmy out. Let him learn at the major league level and get better.