Giancarlo Stanton traded to Yankees

Jose Abreu

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully this thins out the Yankees farm a good amount. I still think we should see if they need a third team to take on money. If he's going to end up in NY we might as well try to get something from it.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 8, 2017 -> 11:11 PM)
Robert

Moncada

Stanton

Jimenez

Abreu

Machado

Arenado

Avi

Beef/Collins

Mercy

RH heavy but whatever. Mercy.

Bench:

Burger

Beer

Delmonico

Anderson

Mercy

Awesome to dream, but would never happen in a million years. What a lineup that would be tho

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 8, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
It means the GM didn’t give a s*** about potential future consequences, because his charge was to win now.

I just read that Yanks' Jacoby Ellsbury also has the No Trade clause. (Almost) Unbelievable.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 9, 2017 -> 07:05 AM)
https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status/939477495606366210

Jon Heyman: "sources: Yankees and Marlins have a deal for Giancarlo Stanton"

I really hope the Yankees at least gave up a lot of young talent.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 9, 2017 -> 07:27 AM)
I really hope the Yankees at least gave up a lot of young talent.

The Marlins don't have the leverage now that Stanton has rejected STL and SF. Just a guess, but I'm thinking the Yanks will give up less than what SF offered.

Man, Stanton really stuck it up Jeter's ass. :lol:

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 9, 2017 -> 07:46 AM)
The Marlins don't have the leverage now that Stanton has rejected STL and SF. Just a guess, but I'm thinking the Yanks will give up less than what SF offered.

Man, Stanton really stuck it up Jeter's ass. :lol:

Just saw a rumored package of Castro, Andujar, & Tate. If true, the Marlins are coming out as big losers and should have just waited.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 9, 2017 -> 07:50 AM)
Depends on money

I’ve argued it before, but I think guys like Stanton are undervalued because of their contracts. There simply aren’t a lot of 6 WAR players in baseball so that type of production becomes a scarce resource even it doesn’t come with a ton of surplus value per se. Giants seemed to be offering a pretty serious package despite taking on most of Stanton’s contract. And it sounds like the Cardinals did as well. That kind of proves my point that stars like Stanton are worth more than their traditional surplus value.

Unfortunately it sounds like the Yankees are going to get a steal here as the Marlins have no leverage.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 9, 2017 -> 07:48 AM)
Just saw a rumored package of Castro, Andujar, & Tate. If true, the Marlins are coming out as big losers and should have just waited.

OOF! That is ugly. Agreed on waiting. There just isn't enough teams with the money and prospects, then factor in Stanton's refusal to be traded to select teams and there's not many teams left for the Marlins to work with. The Marlins have no leverage, at all. I bet Jeter just wants this nightmare to be over with.

Also. Loria really helped stick up Jeter's ass too. Well done Loria/Stanton.