Sawx @ Sox, May 2nd, 7:10pm CT

• bmags pinned this topic
36 minutes ago, ChrisLikesBaseball said:

I have tickets tonight with some friends from Boston.. Here’s hoping the weather clears out a little bit.

I have always loved the Gary Redus hats and uniforms. Quite different from historical Sox gear but cool none the less.

Another week of cold, wet weather which probably has hurt our pitchers more than our hitters.  Will Gio's breaking stuff break like it does in warmer, dryer conditions? And no doubt about it, this awful weather has hurt attendance in April.  Maybe put a retractable dome on the stadium or play most of the April schedule at stadiums located  in warmer climates.

6 minutes ago, tray said:

Another week of cold, wet weather which probably has hurt our pitchers more than our hitters.  Will Gio's breaking stuff break like it does in warmer, dryer conditions? And no doubt about it, this awful weather has hurt attendance in April.  Maybe put a retractable dome on the stadium or play most of the April schedule at stadiums located  in warmer climates.

I think that teams should be required to have a retractable roof. Make rainouts a thing of the past. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

It will happen some day.

Sooner rather than later, hopefully. Would be nice for 90 degree summer nights as well. They should just make a rule that all new stadium construction must have a retractable roof. Before too long Wrigley and Fenway would be the only ones left. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Sooner rather than later, hopefully. Would be nice for 90 degree summer nights as well. They should just make a rule that all new stadium construction must have a retractable roof. Before too long Wrigley and Fenway would be the only ones left. 

It would be prohibitively expensive to retrofit existing stadiums.  Your idea of making it mandatory for future new construction is the way to go.  JR's group won't be here long enough to recoup the cost.  Guess we'll have to wait.

16 minutes ago, poppysox said:

It would be prohibitively expensive to retrofit existing stadiums.  Your idea of making it mandatory for future new construction is the way to go.  JR's group won't be here long enough to recoup the cost.  Guess we'll have to wait.

I completely agree about retrofitting being too expensive, hence why new construction is the way to go. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic