May 3rd | Sawx @ Sox | 7:10pm CT | Sale vs ReyLo

18 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I imagine people are taking umbrage with it only being a 5 run game. Wasn't entirely out of reach i suppose.

It seems like whenever a position player pitches, they get the 3 outs without giving up runs more often than not.

On a positive note, McCann still looks good at the plate, a pleasant surprise so far this season. 

Reylo looked like he was a few mistakes away from a decent outing.    Tim Anderson made some great plays.

If we split the 4 game series with the heavily favored World champs I will be happy.   Let's win another one tomorrow.

Interesting comments by the White Sox  TV  announcers during the game. Jose Ruiz (of the 6.75 ERA) was struggling as usual when they both said that Ruiz has the type of arm/fastball  where he can be developed at his level by Cooper. Is there anybody who would rather see Ruiz than Cease at this level being developed?

8 hours ago, tray said:

On a positive note, McCann still looks good at the plate, a pleasant surprise so far this season. 

Reylo looked like he was a few mistakes away from a decent outing.    Tim Anderson made some great plays.

If we split the 4 game series with the heavily favored World champs I will be happy.   Let's win another one tomorrow.

McCann really covers the strike zone.  Not many wild ass swings diving out, etc.  His batting maner reminds me of Fisk.

Edited by poppysox
misspell

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

McCann really covers the strike zone.  Not many wild ass swings diving out, etc.  His batting maner reminds me of Fisk.

Maybe coming to Chicago has changed things for the good for McCann.  Maybe he is our catcher of the future? Ireally like McCann as a person.

Edited by Chisox378

9 hours ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

Shocking that Chris Sale would come to the Cell and right his ship against the Sox. In all my years as a fan, I've never seen a struggling club/player come to face the White Sox and suddenly break out of it. 

Actually Sale had 2 good starts before this but no run support. I guess he made sure he didn't need much run support this time. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic