8-22 GT: Sox @ Cubs (7:15pm)

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Root with your heart, bet with your head.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I pushed in big on the Cubs tonight on Fanduel, but wouldn't be sad at all to be wrong. 

Normally I would agree, however it’s the Cubs and I just cant. Had to lay some $ on the Sox +175. Although I did do some Cub player prop bets with Rizzo and Contreras. 

Current wRC+ & fWAR stats for our starters through what should normally be the 1/6 point of the season.  Obviously there will some be regression for certain guys (both good & bad), but the fact is Yoan, Timmy, Robert, & Eloy are all legit young stars that we have locked up for the next four to seven years.  The “window” has officially fucking opened.

1. Anderson: 204 / 1.2
  2. Moncada: 125 / 1.2
  3. Grandal: 103 / 0.4
  4. Abreu: 141 / 0.7
  5. Jiménez: 145 / 0.8
  6. Encarnacion: 64 / 0.0
  7. Robert: 133 / 1.1
  8. Mazara: 69 / -0.2
  9. Mendick: 97 / 0.3
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Current wRC+ & fWAR stats for our starters through what should normally be the 1/6 point of the season.  Obviously there will some be regression for certain guys (both good & bad), but the fact is Yoan, Timmy, Robert, & Eloy are all legit young stars that we have locked up for the next four to seven years.  The “window” has officially fucking opened.

Mazara coming in big for us! God what a shit trade that was, it was stupid at the time of existence. 

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Starting to wonder if Ricky has something against McCann. He’s 3/7 lifetime vs Hendricks. Grandal and EE are a combined 1/10.

Hes been told to play the high price shiny new toy.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lulz @ DH and corner OFer with wRC+'s in the 60s. 

6 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Mazara coming in big for us! God what a shit trade that was, it was stupid at the time of existence. 

If we had been playing the normal 2020 baseball schedule, we would have played our 37th game on May 7th.  I know everyone likes to panic and spaz out, but when you factor in that his is essentially the 1st week of May, plus no one got a real spring training, overreacting to SSS is a bad idea.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Uh, those samples mean literally nothing. 7 and 5 at bats by each guy?

Yet he’s catching a guy two days in a row coming off a back issue. Why is Grandal not at DH and McCann catching tonight? I think you said yesterday that games against the Cubs don’t matter as much as games vs the division, which I agree with. So why not ease Grandal back in against a non-divisional opponent?

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If we had been playing the normal 2020 baseball schedule, we would have played our 37th game on May 7th.  I know everyone likes to panic and spaz out, but when you factor in that his is essentially the 1st week of May, plus no one got a real spring training, overreacting to SSS is a bad idea.

I'm biased as I absolutely hated the signing as soon as it was announced. 

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Yet he’s catching a guy two days in a row coming off a back issue. Why is Grandal not at DH and McCann catching tonight? I think you said yesterday that games against the Cubs don’t matter as much as games vs the division, which I agree with. So why not ease Grandal back in against a non-divisional opponent?

I imagine Grandal feels good or he wouldn't be playing.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Starting to wonder if Ricky has something against McCann. He’s 3/7 lifetime vs Hendricks. Grandal and EE are a combined 1/10.

That there is beef with this lineup is proof that it is quite literally impossible for Ricky to do right by some

Just now, mqr said:

That there is beef with this lineup is proof that it is quite literally impossible for Ricky to do right by some

I’d rather have McCann catching Cease tomorrow anyways. Let Grandal handle the disaster of Lopez and the rest of the bullpen.

7 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I’d rather have McCann catching Cease tomorrow anyways. Let Grandal handle the disaster of Lopez and the rest of the bullpen.

Me too.  I like McCann’s approach against Darvish too

Edited by Jerksticks

38 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Lulz @ DH and corner OFer with wRC+'s in the 60s. 

What’s funny is it was our DH & RF spots that killed us last year and we all said “if we could just get two win players at those spots we’d be set next year”.  I can’t blame Hahn specifically for Edwin since I was 100% in support of that move and still believe he’ll come around, but to be sitting at -0.2 WAR at that those spots is just sad.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic