Sign in to follow this  
ShoeLessRob

White Sox @ Pirates - 9/8/20 - 6:05 CT

I don't mind the loss. Losses happen - especially in baseball. But seriously - why does Cordero pitch so much, let alone in this high leverage of a situation. Please Rodon  and Lopez - please come back and kick butt out of the pen. This team could seriously use that type of awesomeness.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grandal defense was as bad as I have seen. McCann as catcher and saved money on Grandal.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 2

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Almost like Ricky had something to do after the game. Why Cordero over Colome? 

Cause he wanted to save him for a save situation. A lot of managers don't do this anymore, but you know Ricky...

The Grandal that gets benched because he can’t catch the ball for the Dodgers on full display. What a terrible effort by him tonight.

Brutal way to lose. Cordero should not be pitching in that high leverage of a situation. 

Just now, 2Deep said:

Did Grandal just purposely lose the game tonight? What the fuck is wrong with him 

Talk about pathetic body language as well

• Like 1

Grandal has these lazy effort moments that are maddening. I did not see that in his scouting report when we signed him.

Not the first time he loses focus and quits on the play.

Unacceptable.

Edit: Read fathom's post and forgot about the crap with the Dodgers... especially catching the ball in that playoff series. Ugh.

Edited by RudyLawRules

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don't mind the loss. Losses happen - especially in baseball. But seriously - why does Cordero pitch so much, let alone in this high leverage of a situation. Please Rodon  and Lopez - please come back and kick butt out of the pen. This team could seriously use that type of awesomeness.  

Cordero has some wild stats with inherited runners. 

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

How is Cordero still on the team after tonight

I mean he didn't do much wrong outside of missing his spot on the wild pitch. It's not like he got hit around.

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

RR inept 

How in the fuck can you watch madrigal on the bases and grandal trying to catch a ball all night long and pin this on the manager...

2 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Yep. Still hate Grandal. Give me McCann any day.

Look like he beat the throw anyway. The throw was shitty and slow. Don't fall for Stones narrative.

Not a good catching performance by Grandahl tonight either. No ok excuse. 

let’s get them tomorrow 

Just now, fathom said:

Talk about pathetic body language as well

Technically he also hit a HR - so without that different story too.  Sometimes it is not your not. Chalk it up and move on.  Win the next one.