Jump to content
southsider2k5

Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Why didnt we sign Marcel Ozuna again?  

The fact we didn't go after him or Castellanos still just blows my mind. Big time "What could have been," IMO. I know there's gonna be a few guys available but the biggest names to be had were available this past offseason and as much as we added we missed out big time on considerably more that we could have had. And with the way the FA class is looking in the near future we can't afford too many more flubs from the front office. 

 

Frankly I think ending up with someone like Pederson wouldn't be bad but would be basically just settling.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't return to Goose Island today, starting the game in the at home bunker, streaming online with mute of ESPN, listening to either DJ/AM on WGN or will listen to jazz or Cubs, depending on what's going on.

Go White Sox!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Do playoff games have someone at 2nd to start any extra inning?

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

The fact we didn't go after him or Castellanos still just blows my mind. Big time "What could have been," IMO. I know there gonna be a few guys a available but the biggest names to be had were available this past offseasons and as much as we added we missed out big time on considerably more than we could have had. And with the way the FA class is looking in the near future we can't afford too many more flubs from the front office. 

With Eloy in LF, Castellanos is RF would have been a disaster for a young pitching staff.  The team defense we played this year was a HUGE boost to our pitchers.  I think we were in the top three in runs saved this year last I knew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

With Eloy in LF, Castellanos is RF would have been a disaster for a young pitching staff.  The team defense we played this year was a HUGE boost to our pitchers.  I think we were in the top three in runs saved this year last I knew.

But we have no real way of knowing that. And we ended up going with Mazara so I feel it's a moot point. 

If if that's really the process for not going after him I think Ozuna was a pretty easy choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

But we have no real way of knowing that. And we ended up going with Mazara so I feel it's a moot point. 

If if that's really the process for not going after him I think Ozuna was a pretty easy choice.

We have no way of knowing if Castellanos is a bad fielder?  Yes we do.  We have his history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Aren't the A's supposed to get a new ballpark soon? Like in a year or 2?

They've been supposed to get a new ballpark in seems like forever.  They keep running into obstacles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was quite a curveball to strike out Moncada.  Fortunately, I don’t think it would be as effective against righties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I love Moncada and he made some huge defensive plays yesterday but he looks fucking awful at the plate.  

He got a bit unlucky with batted balls yesterday. He's going to strike out. He has to get aggressive on balls in the middle of the plate again. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Big Hurtin said:

They've been supposed to get a new ballpark in seems like forever.  They keep running into obstacles.

Yeah, wanting to actually pay for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Hurtin said:

They've been supposed to get a new ballpark in seems like forever.  They keep running into obstacles.

The only good things the Oakland A's ever contributed to society:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×