Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He didn't take 3rd on the Moncada drive to the wall when he would score if the ball wasn't caught no matter what - that might have cost them a run.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

And also needs to be tagging on anything deep with no outs

I'm like 75% sure Anderson gets doubled off if Madrigal didn't slow him down so I'm less concerned about this one

Just now, mqr said:

I'm like 75% sure Anderson gets doubled off if Madrigal didn't slow him down so I'm less concerned about this one

Anderson doesn't go past second if Madrigal barely goes anywhere like he should have. Madrigal is the lead runner, he guides the trail runner there. The trail runner needs to get as close to the lead runner as possible in case the ball is dropped. Anderson was only that far off because Madrigal was a moron and not playing to tag.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wait, he was already on 2nd and didn’t get to 3rd on a single??

Took off from 1st and it looked like a Hit & Run, but he slid into 2nd w/o picking up the ball or the 3B coach. 

Edited by SouthWallace
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Posters on this board are acting like Madrigal is a veteran player. He’s a rookie in the playoffs. He's still learning and gaining experience. Relax people.

This is baseball 101 not some advanced thing that only happens in the playoffs.  Basic elements of the fundamentals of baseball are fucking Nicky right now.