White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)

knightni

56 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone else think it’s weird they haven’t announced the coaching staff yet?  Seems like we’re looking at the following with McEwing possibly in the 1st base / 3 base coach mix:

• Bench Coach: Miguel Cairo
  • Pitching Coach: Ethan Katz
  • Bullpen Coach: Curt Hasler
  • Hitting Coach: Frank Menechino
  • Ast Hitting Coach: Howie Clark
  • 1st Base Coach: Darryl Boston?
  • 3rd Base Coach: Jose Oquendo?

I keep hoping it is because someone is still trying to come up with a TLR exit strategy, but that is wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

It’s rather strange. They were supposed to announce it early last week and now it’s almost Tuesday and still no announcement. It’s like they forgot or something. 

Per the Sun Times article, by Daryl Van Schouwen, it may be announced this week, and McEwing, who played for LaRussa for two seasons, could coach 3B again.

BC Cairo 1B Boston 3B McEwing P Katz BP Hasler Menechino H Asst ???

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

So this happens at the same time news of a TLR change in plea happens.  Seems like the Sox know Tony's case is getting fixed, so that they feel comfortable announcing his coaching staff.  Wonderful.

Were you really expecting him to get replaced?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

We just have to hope that there is a mutiny against La Russa this year. 

Why would any Sox fan want to waste a year of contention having the team have a mutiny during the season?  Honestly it seems some people on here are going to root for the Sox to lose this year just to hate even more on Tony.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Why would any Sox fan want to waste a year of contention having the team have a mutiny during the season?  Honestly it seems some people on here are going to root for the Sox to lose this year just to hate even more on Tony.

Nah, this is more like watching the inevitable death spiral of a team about to implode because the owner wanted his drunken buddy running the team instead of someone who fit the team.  I don't think anyone is rooting for it, but it is really hard to be invested or excited when we can all see it coming.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don't think a mutiny would impact the win-loss record for the club much.

3 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

We just have to hope that there is a mutiny against La Russa this year. 

Actually, we shouldn't hope that.  We should hope that they are wildly successful and win it all in year one, and then he rides off into the sunset.

I might burn with rage every time I see his drunk dinosaur ass on my tv in my favorite uniform, but I still want the team to win despite him.  Wishing for a mutiny is wishing for the worst.

• Like 3

Just now, SouthWallace said:

Actually, we shouldn't hope that.  We should hope that they are wildly successful and win it all in year one, and then he rides off into the sunset.

I might burn with rage every time I see his drunk dinosaur ass on my tv in my favorite uniform, but I still want the team to win despite him.  Wishing for a mutiny is wishing for the worst.

I mean my hope is that I am 100% wrong and that Drunken Tony really was the best choice for the team.  But I would put the odds of that around the same chances as us signing both Springer and Bauer.

• knightni changed the title to White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)