Sign in to follow this  
Orlando

Corey Kluber to Yanks per Passan

We desperately need some fresh conversation. Merkin said the Sox will be in attendance at Kluber’s showcase this week. What are everyone’s thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

We desperately need some fresh conversation. Merkin said the Sox will be in attendance at Kluber’s showcase this week. What are everyone’s thoughts?

Well as long as he doesnt want a lot of money.  He sounds like our kind of pick up.  A fixer upper.

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I like it a lot if he’s healthy. A veteran presence in the rotation. Someone that has a lot of experience and has pitched in the World Series before.

Edited by maloney.adam

20 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I like it a lot if he’s healthy. A veteran presence in the rotation. Someone that has a lot of experience and has pitched in the World Series before.

Similar to Lance Lynn who they already acquired.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Similar to Lance Lynn who they already acquired.

True. Do you think they should trade for someone instead?

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, maloney.adam said:

True. Do you think they should trade for someone? 

No. I wouldn't use the prospects they need to sustain a competitive  window.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

No. I wouldn't use the prospects they need to sustain a competitive  window.

I agree. There were reports saying he would be interested in playing out East but things can change and he obviously know the AL Central well.

Edited by maloney.adam

Assuming health checks out, Kluber could be a great option for a short-term spot in the rotation. I'd be all for it. 1 year + incentives and maybe an option? Giddy up.

• Like 2

Sign me up.  He had a 0.00 ERA last year.  I can't imagine too many pitchers were better than that.  Although the 9.0 BB/9 were a little high, so hopefully he can fix those control issues.

29 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

14 teams will be in attendance. If he looks good he is getting at least 5-7 mil plus incentives

Hes going to look good or else he wouldn't be having a throw day

I'd be mad if the Sox didn't have a guy there. Don't exhaust any option. I'm not sure how confident I am in him being a legitimate option for the season, but it doesn't hurt to look. His age should make him lean towards contenders too, which puts the Sox in a good spot should they want to go in that direction.

21 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I'd be mad if the Sox didn't have a guy there. Don't exhaust any option. I'm not sure how confident I am in him being a legitimate option for the season, but it doesn't hurt to look. His age should make him lean towards contenders too, which puts the Sox in a good spot should they want to go in that direction.

Honestly, every team should have a guy there. Would be good for a rebuilding team to deal at deadline or with competitor from day 1.

I'm not mad if they take a flyer on Kluber and/or Richards.  

12 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Assuming health checks out, Kluber could be a great option for a short-term spot in the rotation. I'd be all for it. 1 year + incentives and maybe an option? Giddy up.

With the bullpen we now have...a #5 who can give us 5 reasonable innings is great.  Gives the young guys time to find themselves working with Katz.

42 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

As I said yesterday, every team should have someone there.

Kluber is honestly my pipe dream.  Seems to be the PERFECT guy to bring in.  Crazy high ceiling is what I'd prefer. I also assume is floor is fine, assuming health (big Q)

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Like 1

Either Kluber or Paxton, which ever is healthier. It's reasonable to think World Series now. Don't lose the one you want over 

a small amount of money.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Kluber is honestly my pipe dream.  Seems to be the PERFECT guy to bring in.  Crazy high ceiling is what I'd prefer. I also assume is floor is fine, assuming health (big Q)

I’m with you. And with Kopech joining us later, we have a built in security blanket if Kluber isn’t healthy. 

@ptatc what is the prognosis for a pitcher who had a torn teres major muscle?

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

@ptatc what is the prognosis for a pitcher who had a torn teres major muscle?

It's an odd injury as it purpose is to help the latissimus does. I refer to it as the "little lat". It really does do much on its own. The prognosis for a pitcher is pretty good. He really should have much functional issues only strength. It will be interesting to see his velocity. That will be the determining factor. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's an odd injury as it purpose is to help the latissimus does. I refer to it as the "little lat". It really does do much on its own. The prognosis for a pitcher is pretty good. He really should have much functional issues only strength. It will be interesting to see his velocity. That will be the determining factor. 

Below 90 at this point

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Below 90 at this point

Was that same as before the injury?

Edited by ptatc