Luis Robert grade 3 strain/torn Hip Flexor, est. out 12-16 weeks

Balta1701

1 minute ago, bmags said:

on the other hand, I find this type of tweeting obnoxious. That actually isn't information.

agreed with you here; I think that could mean be ready in case, since it's your side job. If you have news that they haven't released why not release it? Haven't even heard a press conference being called

Just now, fathom said:

Of course he had the MRI this morning. With Eloy I believe it started to leak around 1pm the day of his MRI it was bad news and Hahn met with the media around 3.  

I thought that meeting with the media was at 1 (I usually go on my walks during the day at that time and that it when I listened to it).

I hurt my hip flexor in a car accident.  While not the same, when I tried to get out of the car I could not walk.  Every step was like needles inside of my hip.   I also have weird spurts where all the sudden the pain returns and I have to stand still for a few minutes before I try to walk again.   I did do physical therapy, there were no MRI's or anything, but it is something that lingers at times for me.  I am sure it is something that i can probably control with more exercise, weight loss, and all the normal stuff but man, when it flares up, it is paralyzing.    I remember being out to eat with my wife, my hip acted up, and i had to stop every ten feet and sit down for a few minutes until she could pull the car around.  Then all the sudden, it was "okay".  I am hoping for the best for Robert, but it is painful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

To me, he probably heard from someone with sources it’s a season-ending injury, just like Bernstein heard about Eloy.  These types of things leak quicker than trade stuff

I mean, that's definitely what he's hoping people infers, but I find it all too cute. If you heard that, either say that, or if you can't say that, just wait for the few hours it will take. But trying to say it without saying it is too much for me and leads to people thinking everything is a codespeak from these not-that-connected people.

• Like 1

Have to think if Hahn is going to emerge from the bunker and speak to the media on zoom before the start of the Reds series, he'll want to have his story straight in terms of who the Sox bring up, who is traveling to Cincinnati, Engel's status, and also try to reach some type of agreement or understanding with La Russa, so Hahn doesn't yet again say one thing, and Tony go in a completely different direction.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is as concerning as the Robert injury:

E0en-Sp-TWYAEYk-IR.jpg

The clubhouse is tired of Tony already, and it's May 3rd.

The above is from Passan.

TLR has made his share of mistakes that hurt the team, but he isn't a top 3 reason for the limited success.

1. Abreu, Moncada, and Grandal aren't hitting.

2. The top 3 bullpen has been shaky for the most part. 

3. Outfield power outage.

4. Giolito not being his elite self getting through innings. 

5. The defense and mental errors on the bases.

6. TLR

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, fathom said:

To me, he probably heard from someone with sources it’s a season-ending injury, just like Bernstein heard about Eloy.  These types of things leak quicker than trade stuff

A season ending one would be surprising. The only way I could see that is if it's a labral tear or something like that in the joint that requires surgery.

Edited by ptatc

Just now, ptatc said:

A season ending one would be surprising. The only way I could see that is if it's a labradorite tear or something like that in the joint that requires surgery.

Any impact on long term ability?

Just now, SpringfieldFan said:

If this turns out to be a season ending type thing, "my battered sox fan" gut wants to tell me he won't ever come back and that if he does he won't be the same Luis Robert. My gut BETTER be wrong.

Yea - that’s what my head is telling me too. 😬😥

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If this was a grade 3 strain/tear, would that be season-ending? 

I don't think so. All the ranges I've seen for recovery time are in the 4 to 6 week range.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He said he was told to prepare for emergency podcast. That doesn’t sound like a good thing.

Yeah but I'm just referring to the post that it seems like he does not having the exact details to Tweet, which is obvious for what he Tweeted.

Edited by manbearpuig

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

A season ending one would be surprising. The only way I could see that is if it's a labradorite tear or something like that in the joint that requires surgery.

Rupture is bad news. That wasn't ruled out yesterday.