GT 7/1 Twins @ White Sox 1:10 PM CDT

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

and now Leury is hurt, JFC.  No backup SS now.  Burger might really have to come up and play 2B some nights.  

Because he got scratched?  Lol, relax.  

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Day game, back injury that is close to healing, and painkillers. Today will be a good day game. 

That's what you get for carrying all that Yermin Mercedes water

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Indians have a huge series with four at home against the suddenly struggling Astros…btw, Oakland looking to add Story and/or Nelson Cruz to compete with them as well.

Great, we got the Astros when they were hot and now the Indians get them while they've cooled off...Indians not doing so hot either, got swept last night at home vs the Tigers.

Go Sox!

LaRussa's explanation for sitting Leury made no sense. He's basically played every day most of the year. If he needed an off day why didn't they just put Mendick in the lineup to begin with? I am curious if Leury was late to the park or something and TLR is punishing him but wants to keep it in the clubhouse.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So nothing is wrong, but he wanted to give him a day off... why put him into the line up in the first place?

His name is in the lineup in permanent ink. Had to get different lineup cards printed in order to make the change.

13 minutes ago, raBBit said:

LaRussa's explanation for sitting Leury made no sense. He's basically played every day most of the year. If he needed an off day why didn't they just put Mendick in the lineup to begin with? I am curious if Leury was late to the park or something and TLR is punishing him but wants to keep it in the clubhouse.

very plausible given the early start.  given the injury situation probably him being late and punished is the best case scenario.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

very plausible given the early start.  given the injury situation probably him being late and punished is the best case scenario.

And I believe TLR confirmed Leury is not hurt this morning. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

if they were at the game they certainly didn't appear it in the little pregame they just ran.  maybe they are, just not in the booth? I don't fucking know.

Jason and Stone have both mentioned talking to TLR or players on the field before games, so if they're not doing games at stadium, they at least have access and going back to studio, but I believe they're at stadium. 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

if they were at the game they certainly didn't appear it in the little pregame they just ran.  maybe they are, just not in the booth? I don't fucking know.

They are there 

Just now, SoxFan562004 said:

Jason and Stone have both mentioned talking to TLR or players on the field before games, so if they're not doing games at stadium, they at least have access and going back to studio, but I believe they're at stadium. 

gotcha. looked like Jason was sitting in a dungeon.

• Like 1