The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

29 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Until it becomes obvious what life is like without him. 

Yeah but the anti-grandal argument was that they’d be better off with someone else at half the price and related to other acquisitions that would have made possible. We don’t have that something else so either way obviously Sox are worse off without grandal. If anything the injury would support the argument considering part of it was that grandal was likely to wear down, providing diminishing returns.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

At this point, I'd just extend Lynn and try again next year. 

I disagree because they are getting most of the players back in August and September except for Madrigal. They need to make some trades. 

Edited by maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

At this point, I'd just extend Lynn and try again next year. 

No way. Not with this pitching staff and the likely return of numerous key members of the lineup. Pick up a bat; Sox just need to stay afloat in the mean time. Doesn’t matter if the Sox win 86 games or 96 it’s still possible they could have the best team in October. 98 win pace at half way point with decimated lineup while team could still be better than that team two months from now. The one thing TLR is good at is the long game. Take a step back from the ledge man This team could be hotter than shit six weeks from now

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Yeah but the anti-grandal argument was that they’d be better off with someone else at half the price and related to other acquisitions that would have made possible. We don’t have that something else so either way obviously Sox are worse off without grandal. If anything the injury would support the argument considering part of it was that grandal was likely to wear down, providing diminishing returns.

That said, he was playing some great baseball the last few weeks. Don’t get me wrong

16 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I disagree because they are getting most of the players back in August and September except for Madrigal. They need to make some trades. 

As always, it depends on who they'd have to give up. I want the Sox to develop sustainable success, not trade  future assets to compensate for injuries. Even if you get Eloy and Robert back in September, I'm not confident they play well in October after missing so much time. Robert especially, as he's still raw. 

21 minutes ago, Vulture said:

No way. Not with this pitching staff and the likely return of numerous key members of the lineup. Pick up a bat; Sox just need to stay afloat in the mean time. Doesn’t matter if the Sox win 86 games or 96 it’s still possible they could have the best team in October. 98 win pace at half way point with decimated lineup while team could still be better than that team two months from now. The one thing TLR is good at is the long game. Take a step back from the ledge man This team could be hotter than shit six weeks from now

The pitching staff hasn't been that great since the sticky stuff ban. 

Man what a rag tag crew that somehow keeps going. Not sure what you do here... is Yermin THAT bad at catcher? Like .... THAT BAD? Real question. I feel like he should be able to handle 1-2 games a week. Looks like hes caught two games at Charlotte since going back down. With Grandal out for 5-6 weeks, one week being ASB ... you really just need 3-4 weeks out of Savala and Yermin, or about 8-10 games total. Don't think it's worth trading or bringing in anybody on that basis. 

Side note, saw Lucroy just got called up by Braves. 

44 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

So maybe not 4-6 we-eks anymore?

Yeah this is looking like longer than 4-6. 

I've had experience with surgery on the gastroc tendon but I'm also not a pro athlete and I don't have access to world class PT. 

Gastroc tendon is one of the tendons that goes from the back of the knee and joins into the achilles tendon so this is plausible that he tore either that one or another. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Of course the news sounded too good to be true yesterday. Our bad luck continues and we get hit with the surgery bomb. 

Sounds like a minor surgery.  If anything, this extends the timeline a week or two from what it sounds like. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah this is looking like longer than 4-6. 

I've had experience with surgery on the gastroc tendon but I'm also not a pro athlete and I don't have access to world class PT. 

Gastroc tendon is one of the tendons that goes from the back of the knee and joins into the achilles tendon so this is plausible that he tore either that one or another. 

I wonder which tendon it was? There really isn't a gastroc tendon there.