Cesar Hernandez traded to White Sox, Konnor Pilkington to CLE

KrankinSox

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not a fan at all really. He's barely an upgrade over what we're throwing out there now

Yeah, but at least he is another body. Leury is fine when he is hitting, but his hot streak is OVA, then he beomes annoying. Mendick can't hit at all. 

14 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Not that far off what Escobar was putting up yea?

Yeah. Escobar has more pop but hernandez can take a walk and also makes more contact than Escobar. He seems to be selling out for power though this year thus the low babip but generally he is a decent obp guy. 

I would probably prefer his old approach going for a  higher opb and just 10-12 homers but I think he is a decent solution. Not a star but can give you like league average production 

Edited by Dominikk85

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

His UZR/150 is pretty good at 2nd base this year. DRS not so much. Last year defensively was much better. 

The disagreement between OAA and UZR is odd as well. Yoan grades out poorly at OAA but UZR likes him. Hernandez is the same. It's honestly hard to just trust UZR anymore since I don't think it takes positioning into account at all unlike DRS and OAA. 

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

This will go over well I'm sure

It should. I was convinced (and still am) Colorado is going to be asking for a package of prospects deserving of trading for a star.........which Story is far from. Especially on the White Sox. I'm glad they passed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

He didn't have a real clear road here, so its hard to fault the Sox for the deal.

He seems like the type of pitcher Cleveland is good at developing. Low 90s fastball, but decent secondary stuff. 

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You also think Yoan sucks. You're not very good at evaluating infielders.

Look, I'm not here to get into a pissing match with you.  I gave my opinion on Yoan........I still root for the guy everyday and every time he makes a play in the field or at bat.  This is a fan forum to share opinions...............I am usually very positive our guys and team but my frustration with yoan boiled over yesterday.  We move on...... 

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

Do you guys just not look at stats before saying this? 

On a per PA basis, leury garcia and cesar Hernandez are nearly identical in worth this year. ROS you're talking a projected difference of like .1-.2 fWAR. 

Garcia was your second baseman when Robert came back. This is hardly an upgrade.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

The disagreement between OAA and UZR is odd as well. Yoan grades out poorly at OAA but UZR likes him. Hernandez is the same. It's honestly hard to just trust UZR anymore since I don't think it takes positioning into account at all unlike DRS and OAA. 

It does not. It's really his runs saved above average which is hurting his DRS total. 

Just now, Tony said:

It should. I was convinced (and still am) Colorado is going to be asking for a package of prospects deserving of trading for a star.........which Story is far from. Especially on the White Sox. I'm glad they passed. 

Story has been worse than Hernandez this year, even if you don't adjust for Coors. I'm glad they didn't get him just because he's a big name player. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He didn't have a real clear road here, so its hard to fault the Sox for the deal.

Sox pitching depth seriously thin, so he might have been their 6th or 7th best starter next year. Probably worth the risk, but not because he’s excess 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

On a per PA basis, leury garcia and cesar Hernandez are nearly identical in worth this year. ROS you're talking a projected difference of like .1-.2 fWAR. 

That's not what I'm talking about. Do a deep dive. 

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah, but at least he is another body. Leury is fine when he is hitting, but his hot streak is OVA, then he beomes annoying. Mendick can't hit at all. 

This is really the only decent angle is it gives them more depth. It makes their last man on roster a little better but the improvement to the starting grip is minimal at best. 

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not a fan at all really. He's barely an upgrade over what we're throwing out there now

He is basically a 100-105 wrc+ hitter while mendick and leury are 75-80 guys. That actually is a very big upgrade, you don't need to have a star at every position. 

Pilkington has some talent and the thought what the indians player dev stuff could turn him into is a bit uncomfortable but he probably isn't going to be a star either and if the indians turn him into a solid 4 starter all credit to them. 

• Like 2

• bmags pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic