05/29/2022 - Cubs @ White Sox

2 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

After all of these years, this is the first time that i'm actually wondering why i follow this team anymore.

It’s a fair question to ask

Do all teams hit into shifts like the Sox do? Quite sad and perplexing. When you make contact as an MLB player, why not steer the ball into the vacant area. "Hit it where they ain't," used to be a mantra that worked.

Just now, greg775 said:

Do all teams hit into shifts like the Sox do? Quite sad and perplexing. When you make contact as an MLB player, why not steer the ball into the vacant area. "Hit it where they ain't," used to be a mantra that worked.

Because the pitcher is also throwing pitches that you will likely hit towards the shift. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I’m so freaking tired of the weekly Hahn press conference to address someone’s injury.

To be fair, I’m sure he is too 😀

Might be small sample size, but something is sticking out to me. Moncada was hitting well in AAA during his rehab, then came up and was 2019 Moncada for a bit, then struggled. Burger struggled, went down, started hitting and has been pretty good on his return. Obviously it's way harder in the majors than AAA, but guys coming to the MLB club and all struggling is baffling.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Because hitting a 98 MPH fastball is really hard, you dolt. 

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Nothing to worry about. The depth that Hahn built for this roster will see us through these dark days.

Honestly they do have depth at SS.

if they replace Harrison and TA with Sosa and Sanchez it might be good enough to get you through until/if TA comes back and lets you know if both of those guys can hit MLB pitching.

Edited by Sockin

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

All these leg injuries have to mean something lacking in the strength & conditioning or is it just bad luck?

We need an expert to weigh in. It sure seems like the Sox's best athletes are the ones that get hurt a lot. Maybe we need somebody with experience training basketball phenoms and track phenoms to stretch our guys.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Because hitting a 98 MPH fastball is really hard, you dolt. 

Disagree. The Sox have made good contact on many of their grounders right into the shift. Why not hit it where they ain't?

Are u kidding with the insult? You can't go calling people names. It's not right on a fine Sunday. Since I'm obviously ruining your day, that's my last post in this thread. Have a nice day. Peaceout.

Edited by greg775

4 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Honestly they do have depth at SS.

if they replace Harrison and TA with Sosa and Sanchez it might be good enough to get you through until/if TA comes back and lets you know if both of those guys can hit MLB pitching.

Sounds great against Jays Rays Dodgers.  Might as well be Sammy Sosa and Yolmer Sanchez.