White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
If they're coming to us for Robertson, HOLY f***ING s***BALLS!

Doubt that highly. It could be nothing that those guys are sitting anyway.

Benintendi is only going if it's a big boy.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 05:40 PM)

I'd bet Quintana.

Benintendi, Vazquez, Devers, and Kopech for Q?

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 05:40 PM)

It's DD we are talking about, but I agree with you. Maybe it's a package deal or something. Robertson and Melky? Taking a shot in the dark. But nothing could surprise me the way the reliever market is these days.

Personally, if it was me, I would keep Q and deal Sale. You may actually have the chance to resign him after 2020, if you so choose. Sale is an ace, but he can potentially bring you the greatest value. And we never truly know if his arm will snap or not, NO JYNXES. Q may be less of a risk and can still potentially take the anchor.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 11:49 PM)
Hmm....that's not a bad trade for us, but it certainly doesn't seem like the big haul we would all be rooting for. Which may mean it's more realistic.

I would be content with that

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 04:49 PM)
Personally, if it was me, I would keep Q and deal Sale. You may actually have the chance to resign him after 2020, if you so choose. Sale is an ace, but he can potentially bring you the greatest value. And we never truly know if his arm will snap or not, NO JYNXES. Q may be less of a risk and can still potentially take the anchor.

Agreed. And and as you alluded to, there's no way the Sox will resign Sale when his contract is up unless he really drops off because of injury or something.

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 05:49 PM)

Maybe on Q, but not Sale. If we keep going up in flames every year, Sale will leave for a winner.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
I would hold on to Frazier unless someone blows them away because 3b is so difficult to fill. I'd also hold on to Sale. Everyone else is up for grabs, though I'd also have to be blown away for Q.

I know that's pretty conservative and unlikely to make a big difference, but I really don't think they're that far away from a playoff team. Honestly, if Abreu was hitting like he's expected to hit, they'd probably have five more wins. He's not supposed to be a .275 singles hitter.

Trade bullpen guys. Trade Shields. If the Sox can get a few 5-10 rated prospects in someone's system for Robertson, Duke, Cabrera, et al, they can build up their system. They don't have to shoot for the top prospects. Those guys aren't guaranteed, anyway, so why get rid of the few really good players you have for the chance a prospect will become a great player?

Package a few of them together, and you might pull one really good prospect from Boston, Texas, etc.

With Frazier/Abreu, hope they finish out the year very strong then it's possible to get fair value in the offseason.

Shields, Robertson, Gonzalez, and Cabrera are the only guys I think it would be smart to move at the deadline. Also, Sale/Q if a team gives up what they are worth.

Edited by soxforlife05

If I were Hahn I'd be trying like hell to package Sale and Robertson to Boston.

Sale and Robertson

For

Moncada, Benintendi, Travis Shaw, Kopech, Eduardo Rodriguez

I think getting Robertson could sway them over the top in trading both Moncada and Benintendi. Would be hard to say they wouldn't be the World Series favorite if Boston got an ace and another dominant set up man.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 07:26 PM)

Sale and Robertson

For

I think getting Robertson could sway them over the top in trading both Moncada and Benintendi. Would be hard to say they wouldn't be the World Series favorite if Boston got an ace and another dominant set up man.

I better be getting Devers if Sale is getting packaged.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 07:26 PM)

Sale and Robertson

For

I really doubt Boston wants Robertson. Kimbrall started tonight in AAA and is being reactivated Monday. Sale has to bring at least 1 ML "stud" not just prospects. Maybe this type of deal in offseason w Betts in and Benintendi out.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 06:43 PM)
I'll bet Gonzalez gets moved...presumably we could dump up to 4 starters...how awesome would that be?

I would not be surprised to see one of Sale or Q and Gonzo get dealt.

Ideally one of Shields/Gonzo is dealt. The Sox might as well capitalize on how well one of them have been pitching.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 06:54 PM)
Ideally one of Shields/Gonzo is dealt. The Sox might as well capitalize on how well one of them have been pitching.

Yeah, when the conversation is trading guys at their "peak", when it comes to Shields and Gonzalez, we are probably talking about AOL in 2001 in terms of peak.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 07:03 PM)
@JimBowden_ESPN Red Sox third base prospect Rafael Devers hits his 4th HR in 8 games in front of White Sox scouts... es.pn/2aoWJqJ

Benintendi, Devers, Kopech, Vazquez, Swihart, and Travis for Q and Robertson

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)
Benintendi, Devers, Kopech, Vazquez, Swihart, and Travis for Q and Robertson

No need to force trying to get a catcher for the sake of quality...Id be much more interested in prospects like Basabe, Trey Ball, Dubon, and Cosart over Vasquez and Swihart.