2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes

southsider2k5

More Law Chat.

Jeff
2:16
I know he's old for his level (high-A), but is Laz Rivera a potential diamond in
the rough for CWS?

Keith Law
2:17
Saw him for about 8 AB too. Three horrendous strikeouts to start it out - totally overmatched by a LHP with some deception - but I saw him hit a (Laz) rocket out the second game. Probably worth bumping him to AA, since he's 23, to get a better test of his abilities. I doubt he's really that much of a prospect, but he does have bat speed and obviously more hand strength than I first realized.

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Longenhagen Chat today:

AJ
2:31
Hi Eric.  Assuming Madrigal is moved quickly, what position does Moncada ultimately move to?  CF?  Thanks

Eric A Longenhagen
2:31
That's what I'd expect.

Just my meaningless opinion, but if Moncada isn’t the White Sox 2B, he isn’t on the White Sox anymore.

16 minutes ago, flavum said:

Just my meaningless opinion, but if Moncada isn’t the White Sox 2B, he isn’t on the White Sox anymore.

Why?  If Madrigal can give you gold glove defense at 2B and Moncada can move seamlessly to CF (remains to be seen obviously) that seems like a win win solution all around.

30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why?  If Madrigal can give you gold glove defense at 2B and Moncada can move seamlessly to CF (remains to be seen obviously) that seems like a win win solution all around.

It would be win-win. I just don’t see Moncada transitioning to a good outfielder. 

Interesting move on Roach. I've never seen him pitch a single pitch, but seemed like his numbers were strong this year. Surprised we didn't at least give him a shot when he got this offer. I'd like to have seen him pitch 2-3 outings in the majors just in case, then let him go to Japan.

5 hours ago, flavum said:

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hard to believe Moncada a) wants to move positions at all b) is going to be better than Robert at playin CF.  That is assuming Robert can play for more than 3 weeks withou getting hurt.

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Not an insider, but I'd wager there's something about Adolfo in there.

Pretty much guarantee he says he likes Adolfo, Gonzalez ceiling is everyday outfielder and Rutherford still sucks (not saying I agree)

Edited by fathom

17 hours ago, fathom said:

Pretty much guarantee he says he likes Adolfo, Gonzalez ceiling is everyday outfielder and Rutherford still sucks (not saying I agree)

lol yes this is basically what he said.

Maybe this shouldn't be posted here, but does anyone perhaps know when Kopech's next start is/should be? I'm going to be in Durham visiting my girlfriend from Friday to Sunday, and would love to catch him going in the CHA/DUR series. Is Friday correct? Any insight is appreciated.

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Maybe this shouldn't be posted here, but does anyone perhaps know when Kopech's next start is/should be? I'm going to be in Durham visiting my girlfriend from Friday to Sunday, and would love to catch him going in the CHA/DUR series. Is Friday correct? Any insight is appreciated.

I don't think they've announced it yet but it should be thursday or friday.