Sox and Tribe Game #2

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

That's fair to a degree. Moncada probably will never be that good defensively though, so hopefully the bat gets even BETTER.

Yeah he will never ever be Machado defensively but that's fine. His bat and offensive game in general (speed and base running) have a chance to be better than machado.

• Like 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah I have no idea what this post even means. 

He graded out as being one of the 5 best ever in regards to his start over there. 

yea and in 2012 I had a lot more hair on my head.  Time moves on.  he's hardly the player he was defensively in his youth.  

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he's mediocre at best at 3B and was a train wreck at SS.  He's elite because he's a crazy good hitter high up on the defensive spectrum.

This is an absolute TAKE. Holy smokes

3 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Guys need to pitch... in the situation they’re on the roster for. Why are you wasting your best relievers, the guys who pitch in high leverage situations, in a blowout? As soon as Rodon came out of the game, Renteria should’ve went to Baneulos to finish the game or Ruiz like I said because he’s going to be sent back down when Anderson is recativated. 

Yeah, guys need to pitch but I use my high leverage guys only when I need to/when I have to. 

They don't want them to go too many days without pitching. It's a fine line between rest and too many days in between pitching.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Maybe for a year or two before he tore his ACL.  He's been solid at 3B since hardly elite.

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=11493&position=3B

Starting the year after his big defensive season in 2013, he's still been one of the most valuable 3B defenders

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=3b&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2017&month=0&season1=2014&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=20,d

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yea and in 2012 I had a lot more hair on my head.  Time moves on.  he's hardly the player he was defensively in his youth.  

Defensive metrics are volatile. His worst season ever was +6 DRS which is well above average. The two years prior to that which were his last two full years at third were +13 and +14 and he accrued one of those in under 1000 innings. He's already +2 this year. Over the three year sample on Donaldson has had a period near mannys in his career I believe

Calling Manny Machado an average 3rd baseman is odd especially since you call him an elite hitter when he's 20% better than league average for his career and defensively he's nearly 100% better than league average.

6 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Moncada playing so hot also can take some heat and pressure of Eloy, which is great for mentorship and when they both are clicking....oh my.

Yes. This is my thought. There isnt a better man in the game to talk to about struggling as a huge prospect out of the gate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RudyLawRules said:

If Yolmer keeps this up, how soon do the Sox start rushing Madrigal? Sanchez looks horrible. 

Then you bring up Mendick who is basically unrushable.  Or you play Rodon there and platoon Yolmer from the bench, which they probably should be doing anyway.

52 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You been hanging out with that other chap who was telling all us Machado was not a good 3B a week or two ago? lol.  

Machado is an elite 3B.  Its not really up for debate.