'Why isn't there a game thread?" - White Sox vs Tigers, 7:10 PM

ron883

Haha, Ozzie says he doesn't usually like the slogan Ricky's boys don't quit because it means they are always behind.  I haven't enjoyed post game coverage this much since Chris Rongey used to get pissed off taking Sox fan's calls.

Edited by wegner
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah. At that point, I never thought he'd be this good, and it is still only April. 

I posted something in a thread before the season asking if anyone else thought he was going to explode similar to how Baez did last year. Still early but looks very promising.

8 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Can someone with twitter tweet that bat flip to Grichuk and ask if that is ok?

Grichuk, not to worries about.

this guy, a little worried about 

8 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

This game would've been absolutely perfect if Eloy didn't get hurt. Just hope it's not serious.

Not perfect. Great showing by our rebuild pieces, Moncada and Anderson.  Not so great by Rodon. 

8 hours ago, wegner said:

Haha, Ozzie says he doesn't usually like the slogan Ricky's boys don't quick because it means they are always behind.  I haven't enjoyed post game coverage this much since Chris Rongey used to get pissed off taking Sox fan's calls.

I wouid like it a lot better if it was Ricky's Boys Don't Quit. 😜

58 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Not perfect. Great showing by our rebuild pieces, Moncada and Anderson.  Not so great by Rodon. 

I'll just chalk Rodon's performance last night to it just not being his day, as well as the fact that it was the second time he faced the Tigers within a week. He's been pretty good other than yesterday so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I wonder if Ricky will talk to his boys about base running on a maybe HR situation. It looked pretty dumb and Abreu has to be heads up. 

Maybe 3-5 inches of snow today.

6 minutes ago, pcq said:

I wonder if Ricky will talk to his boys about base running on a maybe HR situation. It looked pretty dumb and Abreu has to be heads up. 

Anderson shouldn't have been tagging up, Abreu didn't look to see if he was passing a teammate, and Boston was standing there seemingly not saying anything. Clean it up. BUt they won, and it was fun. 

Not sure why they haven't postponed yet. They've known for a couple days they aren't playing tonight. 

Good point about the coach who had a chance to be useful.  I think maybe his pom pons got in the way. Mid- morning would be a good time to call the game which is now postponed to July 3 day-night dh. 

Edited by pcq

1 hour ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'll just chalk Rodon's performance last night to it just not being his day, as well as the fact that it was the second time he faced the Tigers within a week. He's been pretty good other than yesterday so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ironically, he has had had 2 poor starts and 4 solid ones.   The 2 poor ones were at home. 

2 hours ago, flavum said:

Anderson shouldn't have been tagging up, Abreu didn't look to see if he was passing a teammate, and Boston was standing there seemingly not saying anything. Clean it up. BUt they won, and it was fun. 

Not sure why they haven't postponed yet. They've known for a couple days they aren't playing tonight. 

Gotta agree. Boston needs to be on top of things. Abreu might have taken the blame(veteran leader move) but Tim needs to be halfway. It seems he put his head down. 

Ohhh and BTW. Abreu got 25 ribbies in the first month. He doesn't really start till mid may. I would have loved to see Abreu in the middle of a competent lineup. I don't wanna imagine the numbers. Abreu doesn't solely depend on the long ball to drive them in

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Ohhh and BTW. Abreu got 25 ribbies in the first month. He doesn't really start till mid may. I would have loved to see Abreu in the middle of a competent lineup. I don't wanna imagine the numbers. Abreu doesn't solely depend on the long ball to drive them in

Great post. Abreu has nothing to prove. He's an excellent player. He's just the victim of the "never good enough" mentality some fans have regarding their own. Grass is always greener regarding other guys.

Rodon is incredibly frustrating. He seems like he has a giva shit problem. I think he needs longer to warm up after his shoulder injury and he hasn't adjusted yet. Hes throwing 93-94 toward the end of outings but at the start he's 88-90. That screams a warm up issue. It seems like his arm isn't ready to pitch, and I know the Sox have been harping on him to take better care of his left arm. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 hours ago, pcq said:

Five inches?? Will it stick? Would be rather annoying to get in an accident in May for gosh sakes because of snow. It's going to get that cold, cold nuff to snow on April 27??