8-20 GT: Tigers @ Sox (1:10pm)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Tony said:

It's sort of the trade off I was thinking. Grandal is here and isn't leaving. So McCann can't be the primary catcher, just isn't going to happen. 

But, James has a lot of value to this team and at least in my mind, I think he gives the team a very big strength. I agree a 4 year deal wouldn't be what McCann may find in the FA market, but is that maybe what you have to offer if you're the Sox to ensure he stays and is a "part-time" player? I would agree the concern for McCann is getting that one big payday. If he takes a 1-2 year deal here, he's 33 by the time of the end of the deal, may be near the end. A 4 year deal here ensures a great career earnings, doesn't kill the Sox in payroll. 

I may be WAY off here, totally willing to accept that, just throwing out an idea. 

It makes sense, but I can't see it being something the Sox are willing to offer for how limited of playing time they can offer.  If they are going to spend money this off season I think it will be either/or SP or RF, and they will just roll with internal options at back up catcher and DH if they don't bring back EE.

It's almost like he was taking the inning easy then ramped up when he got in trouble lol not saying he was btw just those last 2 betters his pitches had an extra zip to em

Edited by TheTruth05

• Tony unpinned this topic