2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

7 minutes ago, Saufley said:

If there are any honorable people left in the trump administration they should enact the 25th Amendment tonight. Everyone knows trump will only do more damage to the United States leading up to January 20th. 

I am beginning to think there are no honorable people left in the Trump Administration. There certainly seems to be no honor among Republican congressmen and senators. A long time ago GOP leadership should have pulled the reins in on Trump. Instead they encouraged and enabled him. They're still doing it even after this.

What pisses me off is that this election wasn't stolen. All of this is for nothing. 

Several times I have visited D.C. I have enjoyed sitting in the House and Senate gallery. I have seen legislation passed. I was in the House gallery when the first President Bush sent in a presidential veto. I have visited my congressman and one of my senators. That is one great thing about this country. Our government was open to us. I saw on TV once when an Iowan was talking to Senator Grassley at a town hall and the senator actually listened. Now we have this shit. How  open can our government be now when the thugs have pulled this shit? You Trump lovers can stick up you fascist ass.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

4 Fucking Hours

I am astounded by this.

Just a whiplash of absurdity and sadness. Well, and anger.

Seeing the pictures, it's infuriating. This isn't storming buckingham palace with some semblance of hallowed ground, or whatever I don't give a shit about the monarchy.

But that building belongs to us and is a shrine to the millions of americans in history who just try to make it work even when it isn't working. And it just takes so little to trash it.

And the other side is just being gobsmacked looking at this insurrection and them holding the American flags and calling themselves patriots.

It's a day. You know it's coming and then it happens, and it sucks.

Some foreign governments, including Turkey, also warned citizens to be wary of potential further violence. "We believe that the USA will overcome this domestic political crisis in maturity. We recommend that our citizens in the USA stay away from crowded places and places where shows are held," said the Turkish Foreign Ministry in a statement.

You know your country has real problems when Turkey is punking you...and that’s also pretty much the end of any “moral high ground” the political right had in terms of accusations about protesters contributing (supposedly) to Covid-19 super-spreader events. 

Edited by caulfield12

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Some foreign governments, including Turkey, also warned citizens to be wary of potential further violence. "We believe that the USA will overcome this domestic political crisis in maturity. We recommend that our citizens in the USA stay away from crowded places and places where shows are held," said the Turkish Foreign Ministry in a statement.

You know your country has real problems when Turkey is punking you...and that’s also pretty much the end of any “moral high ground” the political right had in terms of accusations about protesters contributing (supposedly) to Covid-19 super-spreader events. 

I would say it's good advice to stay away from crowded places or places where shows are held right now, yes.

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Rep. Mullin (R-OK) just pulled the "both sides" card on NBC. He's saying these aren't true Trump supporters doing this, implying that it's more likely antifa.

That's their play, from what I'm seeing online. They're claiming these weren't Trump supporters and that it was all George Soros, or something

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

That's their play, from what I'm seeing online. They're claiming these weren't Trump supporters and that it was all George Soros, or something

Turns out cutting funding for public education for decades has repercussions. A country of morons that thinks research is watching YouTube videos. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Amazing. Trump flags and MAGA hats all over the place. Nothing like denying reality and they are damaging our country. I am old enough to remember when President Kennedy was shot down in the street like a wild animal. This ranks with that.