Official: McCann is a Met, $40/4 years

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, fathom said:

Harold has clearly been told that pitchers on the team don’t like throwing to Grandal. Don’t know why people still argue about this with him.

I know you love Harold but sheesh.

Harold had these exact same complaints the day they signed grandal, his thoughts haven't changed. 

Harold has said grandal cost pitchers strikes which is 1000% wrong and indisputable. 

There are tons of scouts in baseball, they all have opinions and plenty of them are wrong.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I know you love Harold but sheesh.

Harold had these exact same complaints the day they signed grandal, his thoughts haven't changed. 

Harold has said grandal cost pitchers strikes which is 1000% wrong and indisputable. 

There are tons of scouts in baseball, they all have opinions and plenty of them are wrong.

But his thoughts aren’t that different from what Stoney has said.  And why wouldn’t I trust Harold, he’s the most consistent insider along with James. If one of the beef accounts said the pitchers don’t like Grandal, then everyone would take it as fact.

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

But his thoughts aren’t that different from what Stoney has said.  And why wouldn’t I trust Harold, he’s the most consistent insider along with James. If one of the beef accounts said the pitchers don’t like Grandal, then everyone would take it as fact.

Because teammates aren't running around telling scouts that they hate their catcher and don't want to throw to him?

Stone doesn't like Grandal's demeanor behind the dish; that much is very obvious. Stone is also a pitcher who has his own opinions on how catchers should be. He has a right to that opinion but projecting that onto the team is just wrong.

Stone and Harold loved McCann; he seems like a nice guy and they relate to him. That love of McCann leads people to conclude things. That's fine, but this projection of their opinions onto the opinions of every player is just wrong. If you think there are 13 pitchers complaining to Stone and Harold about their teammate and starting catcher, we'll just agree to disagree. Outsiders divide clubhouses, players know this. It's literally exactly why Tim said "don't interview any other players" about Keuchel's quote.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, Vulture said:

Ok I guess brefs current explanation that drs includes pitch framing and that dwar is derived from drs since 2003 is incorrect and you are right

I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm but I would never use sarcasm and include the phrase "you are right". People don't pick up sarcasm well when reading on a message board. If it was a novel what you just said would be followed by "he said sarcastically." But here people think you are admitting you were wrong and Ray Ray was right.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm but I would never use sarcasm and include the phrase "you are right". People don't pick up sarcasm well when reading on a message board. If it was a novel what you just said would be followed by "he said sarcastically." But here people think you are admitting you were wrong and Ray Ray was right.

Oh my, not this nonsense again today.

He was, in fact, wrong. I honestly have a hard time understanding if I just explain things really poorly or if people are being intentionally dense. 😶

Now I know why ptac gets upset at people who question his thoughts on injuries.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He was, in fact, wrong. I honestly have a hard time understanding if I just explain things really poorly or if people are being intentionally dense. 😶

Lo you need to relax . I wasn't taking sides with anyone. I was just telling Vulture a better way to disagree with you is not to use sarcasm because readers will miss his point.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Relax? Lol wuhht?

The reason people have issues with you and I know you don't care but you use trigger words with which the more sensitive people take umbrage. It makes it seem like you are condescending and superior. Communicating efficiently is not easy and I forgive you for thinking I was taking his side . He doesn't need people thinking he said you are right. There's a lot of people here who probably already think you are too full of yourself without anyone telling you  you are right.

• Like 2
  • Fire 4

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Harold has clearly been told that pitchers on the team don’t like throwing to Grandal. Don’t know why people still argue about this with him.

I believe he has been told that some pitchers prefer throwing to McCann, but this assertion that the entire pitching staff is having all-out brawls in the clubhouse over not having to throw to Grandal just reads as some weird McCann fan-fiction

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, you could just move on and accept to agree to disagree instead of wasting another whole day arguing.

Just now, manbearpuig said:

I mean, you could just move on and accept to agree to disagree instead of wasting another whole day arguing.

What? There's no agreeing to disagreeing, it's a fact.

Agree to disagree involves opinions, not statistical facts.

And sorry, I try not to allow inaccurate information involving my background to be spread online.

27 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What? There's no agreeing to disagreeing, it's a fact.

Agree to disagree involves opinions, not statistical facts.

And sorry, I try not to allow inaccurate information involving my background to be spread online.

I was more referring to just moving on and accepting you won't get through to someone lol I know you're right. A lot of people do too. But at some point it's not worth the time. You're spending a day+ on this coming off likes it's exhausting.

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I was more referring to just moving on and accepting you won't get through to someone lol I know you're right. A lot of people do too. But at some point it's not worth the time. You're spending a day+ on this coming off likes it's exhausting.

This is true; I try my best to work with people though. I want to help people understand, even if they are a bit stubborn. As CWS noted in another thread, I'm married to a Colombian woman so I'm used to someone questioning everything I say 24/7. 😁

I was more frustrated at myself originally thinking I was explaining things wrong than I was at Vulture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I did find it strange how openly and often Steve Stone would bash Grandal's catching abilities. I wonder if it is purely his opinion or if he spoke with pitchers on the team. Regardless, he needs to tone down his bashing of our starting catcher. 

You want propaganda over honest accurate assessments and commentary?

At times, sometimes key times, Grandal has the attention span of a 4 year old in a juice box soccer league. He is also not known for his game preparation or management. A few of the reasons the Sox selected McCann over Grandal to catch the rookie starters. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

4 years 43.5 million for James. Good for him.

Now anyone who thinks the sox should of paid a back up catcher that money.... weird 

Happy for James, but that’s a lot of money for a back-up catcher.  He’ll be a fan favorite, even with streaky offense.

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

Pretty affordable AAV. Screaming from the roof tops, for all the talk of catcher scarcity, they always seem to be a pretty affordable contract.

Yea AAV is lower than I expected but four years is the trade off for the Mets.  I predicted 3/45 for James and as expected Sox never had a shot at a competitive bid.