Engel To Begin Rehab Assignment Tomorrow in AAA

Kalapse

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Not really. It's the semitendosis which they are correct that thay part of it is used for grafts in reconstructions such as ACL and UCL. There is still the semimembranosis in the medial hamstrings so whatever is left on the semitendonosis should be fine.

6 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Beginning to think that the corresponding move when he is finally activated will be an Eaton IL stint.

Would make sense.  Eaton just isn't a guy that can play productively through injury at this point in his career. He's hanging on but if Engel is 100% ready to go let Eaton rest up for a couple weeks and then just DFA Lamb.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Tony seems to love platoon matchups. I expect to see Leury either in CF for Engel or 2B for Madrigal vs most RH starters. Might even see him in RF for Eaton vs LH starters.

Leury in RF for Eaton against lefties makes sense.  Historically he hits much better right handed than left, though not so much yet this year in SSS.

I don't doubt Leury will still get some starts in CF as they're not going to run Engel out there every single day, but I'd be surprised to see it used as a true platoon as neither side of it hits righties very well and Engel is a much better CF.  

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Eaton has been pretty terrible. His underlying numbers also don’t instill a lot of confidence.

Injuries have always been his problem.  It was noted when we signed him that bringing him in probably meant that whoever was backing him up would get significant playing time around those inevitable injuries.  My feeling is that he is probably trying to power through his nagging injuries to keep the team from losing another starting OF.  I wouldn't be shocked to either see him go to the DL when Engel gets back, or to go to the DL very soon after Engel can show that he is ready enough to play every day.

Adam got off to a decent start, so there is a decent chance an OK hitter is in there somewhere, but you have to get him healthy again to find out.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Injuries have always been his problem.  It was noted when we signed him that bringing him in probably meant that whoever was backing him up would get significant playing time around those inevitable injuries.  My feeling is that he is probably trying to power through his nagging injuries to keep the team from losing another starting OF.  I wouldn't be shocked to either see him go to the DL when Engel gets back, or to go to the DL very soon after Engel can show that he is ready enough to play every day.

Adam got off to a decent start, so there is a decent chance an OK hitter is in there somewhere, but you have to get him healthy again to find out.

I think the plan with him was always to have......

ELOY - LF

LUIS - CF

EATON/ENGEL- RF

that went out the window

I would think Engel joins the team on Monday but a lot can happen roster wise.

-If Engel or Kopech don't move well today/tomorrow, either can go on the DL.

-If Crochet is now a seldom used mop-up guy, do they send him down?

-If Kopech is okay, but not well enough to make the start Monday, is there a roster shuffle to get Stiever/Lopez up?

-If Sox end up with double headers on Saturday and Monday, do they make moves to get more arms/fresher arms up here?

I think any of Hamilton/Lamb/Crochet/Ruiz/Mendick can lose their roster spot in the next week. Either of Eaton or Kopech can hit the DL. 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:37 AM, southsider2k5 said:

He is powering through his nagging injuries so that he doesn't lose his starting job when Eloy gets back in late July.