Sox at Cubs, 1:20

Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I know history and blah blah blah, but why in the hell would anyone want to continue to have Pitchers bat?  You are paid to pitch and should have to go through a lineup of 9 supposedly major league hitters.  I hate NL baseball almost as much as Manfred extra inning ball.

Why have any batter hit when there is a better one on the bench? Field your best defensive team and bat your best nine. 

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Why have any batter hit when there is a better one on the bench? Field your best defensive team and bat your best nine. 

You better make sure Jerry Reinsdorf doesn't know where you live if you're going to propose such a massive increase in roster size and salaries.

• Haha 2

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

You better make sure Jerry Reinsdorf doesn't know where you live if you're going to propose such a massive increase in roster size and salaries.

Leave the roster size, you'll have a few guys go both ways. Two way players may earn a bonus. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Steve finally commenting about how Tim gets nothing but inside fastballs. 

I'm shocked when pitchers throw him anything that isn't a fastball in off the plate right now.

This has got to be the first time since he broke out where he's had 1 issue pitchers can attack like this.

16 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Given the construction of this roster, I'd much rather see Vaughn in the OF. He's a significantly more valuable player if he can handle LF/RF at passable effectiveness like we've seen so far.

For what it's worth, I'm talking purely in a vacuum. Going forward I'm with you.