8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

Just now, Tony said:

It’s obviously a gigantic problem. And to state the absolute obvious…the lineups he’ll be facing in the playoffs aren’t the Royals and Twins. 

His act has grown incredibly old when he gives up gopher balls every fucking appearance. You want to get mad, Liam? Get mad about your blown saves. 

But the Royals have fucked him up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'm glad Hendriks is getting exposed like this. I do not want him closing a single game in the playoffs. 

Yeah, Kimbrel should be the closer. He is being used as a set up guy rn and it's not working, use him in save situations and I bet he will be much better than this idiot who gives up way too many HRs

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

The white Sox are where closers go to DIE

We were fine when we didn't have high priced guys like Koch, Linebrink, Robertson, Kimbrel and Hendriks.

Looks at the history with guys like Thigpen, Hernandez, Foulke, Gordon, Takatsu, Jenks, Hermanson, Sergio Santos, Addison Reed, Colome, etc.

Somehow we managed to survive with under the radar types because we always believed it was a waste of resources.

Just now, BrittBurnsFan said:

Maybe at the end that might be true?  But Crochett has looked good of late!  And confident!

Yeah, and that's not even mentioning that Tepera has to prove himself in the 7th.

No idea what Bummer's role is anymore.   Crochet and Kopech are becoming more and more important, but we need one or both of them as starters going forward.

Would be better to invest that $30 million for two closers into insurance for the starting rotation.

• Like 1

Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

I just think the Yankees have a really good offense and sometimes, even twice in a series, you get beat by a lineup of really good hitters late. That’s no reason to rush to sweeping definitive conclusions about proven players’ overall abilities. 

They had basically minor leaguers up after Judge and Gallo.  Just stupid pitch selection this inning to go with Hendriks being a gas can.

• Like 2