3/17 Game Thread (1) - Cubs @ Sox, 3 PM, NBCSCH

Heads22

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Vaughn has had some of the most ridicolous circumstances put in front of him after being draft. Missed season from COVID, brought right up next year. Asked to play positions he's never played.

Vaughn still one of the three best college hitters I've ever seen. Guys swing is bum proof as I call it; no wasted movement, barrel in the zone for so long, direct path to the ball. Vaughn is going to be a stud. It was all a timing issue, and having never seen those big league sliders low and away. He'll figure that out sooner than later, and the guy will be a straight machine afterwards. 

This should be an autofillin on Soxtalk for every time someone tries to send Andrew Vaughn to Charlotte.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

But let me tell you about why him having a second half slump is why he needs some AAA seasoning or we should trade him for Frankie Montas.

Amazing thing is even with a couple rough months, Vaughn was top 35ish in avg EV, top 30ish in max EV, top 40ish in Hard hit %, top 50ish in barrel %.

Vaughn is going to be about as consistent and good of a hitter as the Sox have seen since Frank.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Amazing thing is even with a couple rough months, Vaughn was top 35ish in avg EV, top 30ish in max EV, top 40ish in Hard hit %, top 50ish in barrel %.

Vaughn is going to be about as consistent and good of a hitter as the Sox have seen since Frank.

The dude is going to hit.  He might not do anything else worthwhile at all, but he is going to HIT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The dude is going to hit.  He might not do anything else worthwhile at all, but he is going to HIT.

Yeah, and honestly I was really pleasantly surprised by his LF last year. He is serviceable out there; far from a butcher and possibly even slightly plus because he catches everything he gets to and it's a horrible defensive position. Right Field seems absolutely outrageous; not only does he have limited range but his arm is a 1st base arm. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, and honestly I was really pleasantly surprised by his LF last year. He is serviceable out there; far from a butcher and possibly even slightly plus because he catches everything he gets to and it's a horrible defensive position. Right Field seems absolutely outrageous; not only does he have limited range but his arm is a 1st base arm. 

The fact he was a plus LF means he could be an all-star LF in his future.  He is going to hit enough to do it, and if he can continue to play D at a level above his peers, it is there for him.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Pretty impressive swing on that pitch. He didn’t get himself out 

That long extension will drive the ball a long way. I'm betting he'll have to bring his swing in a little to get more consistent contact.

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Two things we agree on.

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If he does, and many of us think he will, Hahn needs to make him the LF and move Eloy to DH or move him to IB and move Jose to DH. Last year the kid got bounced around. He needs a future if he proves he is ready to be a fixture in the line-up

2 hours ago, FoxForce2 said:

That long extension will drive the ball a long way. I'm betting he'll have to bring his swing in a little to get more consistent contact.

Ive seen Robert stay back and swing like that to keep the bat in the zone when he guesses wrong a little bit. That’s a talent, and he has the reserve strength there.  Of course his problems have been swing and miss, so…..

Edited by Chick Mercedes