Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Ofcourse, prolly early 2023 if he keeps developing once they secure the extra year.

Maybe better posted in the Spring Training thread. This thread is pretty much locked into rants about the off-season moves, or lack thereof at the MLB level. Rants not especially over the top - but still rants.

Edited by FoxForce2

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Leury Garcia is going to be the every day RF. 

How was Conforto a pipedream, he's not even signed.

On Leury - Ya think? Maybe so, if TLR keeps the halo on him.
I'd say Stone was saying that the signing of Conforto was a pipedream.

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Can probably rule out the Vaughn for Marte dream some people on here had this off-season

He would be a good get, but not for Vaughn. I don't keep up with the D-Backs, but never saw much to indicate they were shopping him for much short of a boatload of prospects.

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fuck Steve Stone…I love him as an announcer, but the dude is the absolute worst on Twitter.

Someone should mail him some kneepads. He could use it for how often he sucks ownership/FO off. I get that it's his job but it still pisses me off. And the smugness and attitude is disgusting.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fuck Steve Stone…I love him as an announcer, but the dude is the absolute worst on Twitter.

Yep, he’s an arrogant prick.  This behavior also seeps into the booth and has made me like him less as an announcer as well.  His opinion is not the end all be all, and is not more important than reality.  Sometimes he just needs to shut his mouth, especially when it comes to trashing his own players and insulting his own fans. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Someone should mail him some kneepads. He could use it for how often he sucks ownership/FO off. I get that it's his job but it still pisses me off. And the smugness and attitude is disgusting.

Exactly…if you got to carry that water, at least cut the smugness and arrogance.  He can be a real dick to people who ask very innocent questions, which is very strange.  Like Scott Merkin would never dare talk to his customer base the way Stone Pony does.

• Quin locked this topic