Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

34 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

He’s ok but I wouldn’t say he stinks or is awful.

He's been in the league for 3 years and has gotten significantly worse each year to the point where he was borderline unpitchable last year. At this moment he's awful

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He's been in the league for 3 years and has gotten significantly worse each year to the point where he was borderline unpitchable last year. At this moment he's awful

He had a 3.78 FIP last year. and great K/BB rates.  Theres a high ceiling there still

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

and had the benefit of pitcher's hitting and bad diamondbacks and rockies teams to abuse. Yaz and Sheets are going to light his flat fastball up. 

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Anyone seen any updates on Burger and Romy since last night? 

Burger tweeted about Remy from the movie Ratatouille, so I imagine nothing noteworthy is happening/has happened.

Edited by DirtySox

53 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t understand what the twins are doing. They’re so caught in between. 

Not all fan bases are super excited about living through 4 year rebuilds and then going all-in with Josh Harrison and Vince Velazquez 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Burger tweeted about Remy from the movie Ratatouille, so I imagine nothing noteworthy is happening/has happened.

• Remy is French
  • Bruce Bochy was born in France
  • Bruce Bochy, as we all know, is heavily associated with the Giants
  • The Giants share a geographic region with the Oakland A's
  • The A's are rebuilding and Montas is their big chip left
  • The Coliseum is cavernous and you need big power to hit homers
  • Burger is clearly telegraphing that he's getting traded to the A's
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

The coldest rebuild takes, gotta reheat them yourself.

The approach the Sox had beforehand was clearly working and they ruined it!

I don’t love the Sox offseason at all. It was awful. But thankfully they already had one of the best teams in the AL. Not sure what that has to do with discussing the Twins roster moves tho. 

• Like 1

Twins were having great success with their major league scouting and adjustments for a few years before it blew up last year. It will be interesting to see if they have regained some success with Paddack/Archer.

It was strange last year watching so many of their promising young players regressing, but if that team finds 150 games out of buxton you can't count them out of anything. He's the straw as they say.

12 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Not all fan bases are super excited about living through 4 year rebuilds and then going all-in with Josh Harrison and Vince Velazquez 

But most, if not all of the fan bases would be super excited to have the roster we currently have.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t love the Sox offseason at all. It was awful. But thankfully they already had one of the best teams in the AL. Not sure what that has to do with discussing the Twins roster moves tho. 

The Sox made the playoffs in back to back years for the first time in history and are in a great position to win the division again, the rebuild already has been a resounding success realistically speaking.

Could the offseason have gone better? Obviously. But unless Keuchel pulled a LaRoche and retired, I understand that a move for a TOR starter wasn’t really in the cards.

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Twins were having great success with their major league scouting and adjustments for a few years before it blew up last year. It will be interesting to see if they have regained some success with Paddack/Archer.

It was strange last year watching so many of their promising young players regressing, but if that team finds 150 games out of buxton you can't count them out of anything. He's the straw as they say.

They haven't known what pitch was coming the past 2 years.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

They haven't known what pitch was coming the past 2 years.

The old claim was steroids now we're going with pitch stealing? I can see the vascillating manfredball's being a bigger deal to a bunch of 25 hr hitters in 2019 declining to mush.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

I'll leave that possiblity open for Paddack.

Archer? not so much

Yeah it's unlikely but he's a wild card after 3 years off basically, and if he had made some adjustments in tampa and looks healthy it could happen. 

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

Right? Like who looks at Luis Robert and goes "fucking JOSH HARRISON!"

Also, like they've already made their big free agent plays in Grandal, Lynn, Hendricks, and Keuchal. 2 of those 4 have been home runs and a third we still have see. Shit, even Kuechal was a nice signing for the first year. 

• Like 1

Well, Twins starting pitching is certainly in better shape than it was coming out of the lockout.  But they're still awfully dependent on guys taking enormous jumps forward in 22, and injury prone guys staying healthy.  And Ryan is going to have similar innings limits to Kopech this year.  The pen....well, its a complete disaster. 

Sonny Gray, Joe Ryan, Chris Paddack, Chris Archer, Dylan Bundy, Bailey Ober 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well, Twins starting pitching is certainly in better shape than it was coming out of the lockout.  But they're still awfully dependent on guys taking enormous jumps forward in 22, and injury prone guys staying healthy.  And Ryan is going to have similar innings limits to Kopech this year.  The pen....well, its a complete disaster. 

Nobody has me shaking in my boots quite like Dylan Bundy

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

So which guy starts the season in the bullpen? I have no clue.

• Quin locked this topic