Andrew Vaughn hurts hip pointer, out 1-2 weeks per White Sox

Buehrle>Wood

Is it Ok to sign Conforto now? There’s still time to right this wrong. The injury situation appears to have arisen before the needed to be tested. Leury now our RF. 

Hopefully we’re talking weeks not months with AV. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

First Yermin, now Andrew.

However, we simply move Collins out to RF, we can easily solve all our LF-handedness problems.  And he has a catcher's arm out there!

Not to mention Jake Burger has been linked to every position on the field but CF and C so far.  So much versatility.

No problem to see here.

There’s no reason to believe even the most serious of injuries for Vaughn will result in any serious attempt for Conforto.  

Most likely just means Micker has a better chance of making the opening day roster and Leury/Engel getting more at bats.

That being said, I really really hope there is nothing seriously wrong with Vaughn. I don’t want him in RF, but we need his bat either way.  

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Need to move Kimbrel first before Conforto would even be a possibility IMO

But they're not gonna move him until they get something or at least have the other team eat all the money to save face.

They're praying some team gets hit with major bullpen injuries meanwhile we still have huge holes they haven't addressed.

F your pride FO, get him off the damn roster ASAP. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

But they're not gonna move him until they get something or at least have the other team eat all the money to save face.

They're praying some team gets hit with major bullpen injuries meanwhile we still have huge holes they haven't addressed.

F your pride FO, get him off the damn roster ASAP. 

You’re probably right, which means we’re likely screwed

2 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

There’s no reason to believe even the most serious of injuries for Vaughn will result in any serious attempt for Conforto.  

This. 

Even like a terminal hip necrosis or whatever would be met with shit like "well this is why we resigned the Legend." They'll strain their AC joint patting themselves on the back for resigning UT players when TOR are signing and trading for killer savages.

FML

• Like 1

All the belly aching by some about Vaughn playing out of position makes me ask if any of those posters are in the group who advocate signing or trading for players and then wanting them or an established player to move to another position? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This. 

Even like a terminal hip necrosis or whatever would be met with shit like "well this is why we resigned the Legend." They'll strain their AC joint patting themselves on the back for resigning UT players when TOR are signing and trading for killer savages.

FML

Bo Jackson's Ghost says hello.

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

All the belly aching by some about Vaughn playing out of position makes me ask if any of those posters are in the group who advocate signing or trading for players and then wanting them or an established player to move to another position? 

Is the position more or less demanding physically?

I’m generally good with a catcher or 3b moving to 1b, a SS moving to 3b or 2b, a CF moving to RF or LF. The position they’d be moving to is easier.

Commonly not a great idea to do those moves in reverse.

• Like 3

• Quin locked this topic