GT 4/22: SOX @ Twins, 7:10 PM CT, NBCSC

29 minutes ago, wegner said:

Might mix it up with some yard work in the afternoon...they are tough to watch right now...but I'm sure they'll suck me back in if I'm home.

I’m totally not upset about missing Saturday’s game.  

4 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

They’ll win eventually and when they the players will remember those that didn’t stick with them. 

I do appreciate your unwavering optimism....let's hope they strive more mightily to win the rest of the weekend.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah that slider to Jeffers was bad, but the TA throw and Abreu's throw were way worse. Graveman made the pitch to get out of that inning and the defense fucked it up for him. 

Stand up guy taking the heat for making one bad pitch, while his teammates mail in another "it's too cold for me to give a shit performance". 

3 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Stand up guy taking the heat for making one bad pitch, while his teammates mail in another "it's too cold for me to give a shit performance". 

Graveman does not deserve that loss and he knows it, and he knows that we know it.  Glad he's being a team guy about it though.

• Like 2

Losing is one thing, every team, even great ones, go on losing streaks but it is the insipid manner of these defeats that is most worrying. They are playing like a team winding down at the end of the season who have nothing left to play for.

Silver lining on a dark cloud - Vaughn key HR, Eloy clutch double in the 9th, Sheets two hits and good contact, Great start by Kopech .

OK shabby 8th inning D with two errors on a cold night in an empty stadium in (Minnesota).

And no, Grandal would probably have done nothing more than McGuire or Burger, especially with an ump calling marginal pitches for strikes so he could go home.,

Anyway, I would like to start seeing  what we got in  AJP  for 16 Million. , Something more than 0 for 3 ,2 Strike-outs  and 3 LOB.

Edited by tray

53 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

Losing is one thing, every team, even great ones, go on losing streaks but it is the insipid manner of these defeats that is most worrying. They are playing like a team winding down at the end of the season who have nothing left to play for.

Bad defense, bad running game, bad manager and going through the motions effort are hurting the team now.  Something has to give soon.

25 minutes ago, tray said:

Silver lining on a dark cloud - Vaughn key HR, Eloy clutch double in the 9th, Sheets two hits and good contact, Great start by Kopech .

OK shabby 8th inning D with two errors on a cold night in an empty stadium in Cleveland.

And no, Grandal would probably have done nothing more than McGuire or Burger, especially with an ump calling marginal pitches for strikes so he could go home.,

Anyway, I would like to start seeing  what we got in  AJP  for 16 Million. , Something more than 0 for 3 ,2 Strike-outs  and 3 LOB.

Did you mean Minneapolis not Cleveland?

4 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Yeah the energy isn’t there. That’s starts with the manager. Atleast it seemed like Renteria brought that to the clubhouse. Not saying that we bring him back but if they go in a different direction maybe a younger manager would be better to inject some life into this team.

TLR does not have the energy needed to lead this team.  Not many men of his age do.  It’s time for him to retire before it gets too late.  This team needs a big jolt.

4 hours ago, wegner said:

You'll not be surprised to hear that's a fairly common sentiment.  Although Ozzie in the post game thought Grandal should've hit for CheeseBurger as he called Jake.

Grandal should have hit for McGuire.  He is a flyball hitter and we could have used a sacrifice fly.  Also he is more experienced hitter.  TLR generally does not like to pinch hit for his starters.

6 hours ago, fathom said:

A few of us called this when they screwed up the offseason while some of the divisional rivals got better.  The injuries just accelerated this.  

I don’t think the division got much better tbh. After 13 games last season, Sox were 6-7, 2 games out of first, tied for last place. Actually in a slightly better position thru 13 games this season.

BOOOOOOO!!!! 

This team is such a clown act. I'm tired of Eloys crap to be honest. And the at the end the team losses and what is Fucking Yoan doing on his phone in the dugout with stupid leury as an audience. Yeah your injured but your in the dugout. Tony doesn't have these guys focused. And we are stuck with him. Frustrating. 1 Fucking run against Cy Ober. And Bill Welke is a terrible ump. What the fuck...

10 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

BOOOOOOO!!!! 

This team is such a clown act. I'm tired of Eloys crap to be honest. And the at the end the team losses and what is Fucking Yoan doing on his phone in the dugout with stupid leury as an audience. Yeah your injured but your in the dugout. Tony doesn't have these guys focused. And we are stuck with him. Frustrating. 1 Fucking run against Cy Ober. And Bill Welke is a terrible ump. What the fuck...

This team doesn’t care about winning. All they care about is running their mouth about how good they are, and messing around in the dugout and on the field. If Hinch or even Renteria was still the manager this stuff wouldn’t be happening.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Hindsight? People question LaRussa moves when they happen and know they’re a bad idea lol no hindsight about it

His stupid moves are predictable.  We see it coming and question it in real time.  Hindsight rarely enters the equation. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What makes the difference between a good and manager?    What has LaRussa done this year so for that makes you believe he’s still one of the best?

I think at 76 years old, Tony probably isn't one of the best. Just my opinion, there were much better choices. But some of the best managers will not even make the playoffs .  How often do last place managers win Manager of the Year? The talent is more important than the manager but the most talented teams also need a good manager to win a World Series.  Yankees are a great example.  The Sox talent should be enough to get them into the playoffs. After that, talent, a good manager and some luck wins a championship.  We will see how Tony does this year since hopefully it is his last.