GT: Yankees at White Sox, Game 1 - 7:10 CT

Quin

This is who Joe Kelly is; least surprising thing to me. He loses command of the strike zone and isn't a high leverage reliever; hasn't been for most of his career. Giving him that contract was crazy town. 

Also, Tony La Russa is something else. If the Sox score 2 runs in the 8th/9th, look no further than La Russa for giving this game away.

Leaves Kelly in for no reason. Then brings in a lefty for Stanton and Donaldson. It's honestly amazing how incompetent La russa is. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

Inexplicable bullpen management tonight LOL. Also an embarrassing performance from Kelly.

How do you bring in the lefty Tanner to face the righty Stanton, and not to pitch to the lefty Rizzo first and try to get out of the inning.  Even Stoney Poney questioned the move. Another inexplicable and inexcusable TLR move, besides leaving Kelly in after walking three in a tied game in the 8 th. TLR should resign or be fired.  Enough is enough.

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Anyone still satisfied with the job this organization did with the rebuild?

I'm still mad about all those years the Sox tanked during the rebuild.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Anyone still satisfied with the job this organization did with the rebuild?

No not at all. Hahn needs to be held accountable along with Haber or anyone else in the organization that put their stamp on the rebuild. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

How do you bring in the lefty Tanner to face the righty Stanton, and not to pitch to the lefty Rizzo first and try to get out of the inning.  Even Stoney Poney questioned the move. Another inexplicable and inexcusable TLR move, besides leaving Kelly in after walking three in a tied game in the 8 th. TLR should resign or be fired.  Enough is enough.

Or at least look at their lineup and realize that if there’s a chance you will let Kelly pitch to Rizzo, warm up a righty too. Warming up two guys is allowed. Looking at their lineup is legal.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is who Joe Kelly is; least surprising thing to me. He loses command of the strike zone and isn't a high leverage reliever; hasn't been for most of his career. Giving him that contract was crazy town. 

Also, Tony La Russa is something else. If the Sox score 2 runs in the 8th/9th, look no further than La Russa for giving this game away.

Leaves Kelly in for no reason. Then brings in a lefty for Stanton and Donaldson. It's honestly amazing how incompetent La russa is. 

TLR needs to resign or be fired tonight.  TLR apologists need to go into hibernation.  The moves in the 8 th. were senile.  Enough is enough.  By the way the lefty he brought in was the same that blew the Guardians game in the 9 th his last time out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

If the Sox are under .500 at the all-star break, I would think Tony would step down citing fatigue. Hahn probably won't resign or get fired cause he most certainly didn't want Tony in the first place.

Just now, greg775 said:

If the Sox are under .500 at the all-star break, I would think Tony would step down citing fatigue. Hahn probably won't resign or get fired cause he most certainly didn't want Tony in the first place.

He’s too stubborn to quit...or call an Uber

I’m happy the site is broken tonight because I probably would have said something to get suspended.  Tony is a freaking joke.  Just a terrible manager who has sucked the life out of this organization.  Also, stop trying to make Banks a thing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I’m happy the site is broken tonight because I probably would have said something to get suspended.  Tony is a freaking joke.  Just a terrible manager who has sucked the life out of this organization.  Also, stop trying to make Banks a thing. 

He's trending on Twitter, for what it's worth.  Usually outside of this site, there isn't much criticism that I can see.

• Quin locked this topic