And That's a White Sox Winner !!!!

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

@Quin this post went viral the other week on twitter, I had never fucking heard of "st. louis" style. Looks like some shit to me.

FUyFEU4XwAI7tSS?format=jpg&name=medium

See, on first glance - it looks like it could be Chicago thin crust.

Then you notice the fucking weird cheese And the crust is actually cracker thin, not just thin. People that say deep dish isn't pizza haven't tried the unholy abomination that is St. Louis style pizza.

Also, since I'm dragging it so much, I should note that their other local foods are the bomb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I once sold my soul to eat at the first aurelios in homewood.  Then I moved to Orland Hills, and not the park, and I found jets pizza around 183rd or so.  Now I’ve been in mesa for better part of a decade and am glad we have jets out here.  Chicago looking overrated with enricos Aurelios of homewood malnatis from the north side.  Chicago pizza getting overrated, take that jets orland hills pizza any day over aurelios or Lou’s

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JPR said:

I once sold my soul to eat at the first aurelios in homewood.  Then I moved to Orland Hills, and not the park, and I found jets pizza around 183rd or so.  Now I’ve been in mesa for better part of a decade and am glad we have jets out here.  Chicago looking overrated with enricos Aurelios of homewood malnatis from the north side.  Chicago pizza getting overrated, take that jets orland hills pizza any day over aurelios or Lou’s

Man a steamy night in Homewood about 14 years ago I was having the time of my life with a girl from there. We spent all day in the city at the Taste with our college friends and then drove down to her spot for the nightcap. Her dad was an administrator at Homewood-Floosmor and with school out her parents were out of town so us kids went wild. 

Don't ever let some silly college kid say 21 isn't fun. Yea it might not have the stability of middle age but it's fun.

Oh, and GO SOX. 

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Thanks 1

Most Chicagoans eat tavern cut, not stuffed pizza. Mainly limited to the downtown tourist joints.

Tony & Lill's and Father and Son's were my favorites but have closed, La Villa and Dino's are the current call. Would love to try Vito & Nick's. Cheese and sausage, and any vegetables except mushrooms work for me.

La Villa (on Pulaski between Addison & Irving).

1c8f233a-ce0c-4fd2-a82f-201fa9d444a5.jpg

Dino's (On Higgins a few blocks east of Harlem)

eaf70a16-2d2f-41f2-bd1d-8575e93106c5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Fire 2

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

greta-how-dare-you.gif

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Man a steamy night in Homewood about 14 years ago I was having the time of my life with a girl from there. We spent all day in the city at the Taste with our college friends and then drove down to her spot for the nightcap. Her dad was an administrator at Homewood-Floosmor and with school out her parents were out of town so us kids went wild. 

Don't ever let some silly college kid say 21 isn't fun. Yea it might not have the stability of middle age but it's fun.

Oh, and GO SOX. 

It’s like maxwell street in chicago heights back in the day outside of Jimmy’s with a polish an orange soda and some fries. Good pizza is good pizza and Detroit represents good pizza we about to sweep

Edited by JPR

31 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Oh, and GO SOX. 

Who ever said being 21 isn't fun? It's generally regarded as the best time of your life. 

Edited by ron883

2 hours ago, JPR said:

Aurelios and Lou Malnatis are both inferior to jets 

Aurelio's and Lou Malnati's are inferior to a whole shitload of Chicago pizza joints, so this means nothing.

I also find it amazing that Chicago people would possibly call deep dish "Chicago Style". What are you, 17?

Chicago style is thin crust, tavern style, cut in squares. Almost always well done, with a crunchy crust.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Thanks 1

I do really like Detroit style but it’s similar to deep dish for me in that it’s a “mood” pizza. Would much rather have a tavern style most days of the week. But when the jets hits, it hits good.

Basically “60% of the time it works every time” type stuff

I think my favorite style of pizza is the true Chicago style - thin crust, tavern style.  But I really like the Detroit style with the thicker crust and caramelized edges.  If I'm in the mood for that, I could demolish a whole pie...and lapse into a pizza coma.  When I lived in Baltimore, there was a pizza joint in Fells Point that stayed open after all the bars closed.  They sold the New York style thin, floppy slices as big as your head for like $2.  After a night of drinking, nothing tasted so good.

Back to the game, Lynn's performance overall wasn't bad.  If you just look at the stats, you'd be satisfied with it considering it's his first game back from surgery and the IL.  It just looked uglier watching it, manly due to the first inning.  His blowup at McEwing seemed to energize him and the team.  Glad to have the big bastard back.  Abreu continues to own Detroit, and that's good to see.  Mendick, McGuire, and Leury all had nice games.  And the bullpen, against a bad offensive team, did what they needed to do.  We'll take the win, and two more against this team would be great.

9 hours ago, Quin said:

Chicago thin crust >>> Everything

But really anything over St. Louis style.

Chicago thin crust IS Chicago style. Deep Dish is for people from Nebraska here for the weekend. 

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, Tony said:

Chicago thin crust IS Chicago style. Deep Dish is for people from Nebraska here for the weekend. 

Stuffed is Chicago style too,  it’s for everyone. But week in week out on poker night its thin. A lot of Chicago folks have been saying that about stuffed pizza I don’t understand unless its a way of pizza sneering at out of towners. But you can’t eat it that often unless you want to weigh 255 😎

Edited by Chick Mercedes

Chicago Style Pizza = thin crust. I grew up on Rosangela's, but then discovered Vito & Nick's later in life. Rosangela's "travels" better (takeout), but V&N is hands-down the best. They'll also half-bake it for you to take home and finish in your oven.

Chicago Style Deep Dish = made for tourists and high school kids who learned how to ride the L or Metra on their own for the first time to go out to eat downtown.

Detroit Style = also very good. If ever in Detroit, do Buddy's for the "original" experience.
If you're looking for Neapolitan pizza, go to Pizzaplex in Detroit's Mexicantown neighborhood.

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Quin said:

See, on first glance - it looks like it could be Chicago thin crust.

Then you notice the fucking weird cheese And the crust is actually cracker thin, not just thin. People that say deep dish isn't pizza haven't tried the unholy abomination that is St. Louis style pizza.

Also, since I'm dragging it so much, I should note that their other local foods are the bomb.

That St Louis cheese is absolutely vile.

You sound like a terrific pizza fan....what joints have your favorite Chicago thin crusts?  I'd love to hear your suggestions.