A Guy The Sox Should Sign IMO

greg775

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Hassely is the same ol thing the Sox do. Former No. 1 pick somewhere else. He ain't gonna hit. You heard it here first. Why not try something different and acquire a proven winner in Cain.

To his performance to date I say this: Change.Of.Scenery. Just try it. Only negative I feel is I think he's torn his hammy in the past as well. He'd fit in well here as a potential IL guy possibly. ... Why do peeps always want the same scenario? Try this we might like it.

Dude , he's 36 and RH so who you going to cut Engel , who is younger , faster and a better fielder ? Cain -.6 fWAR , Engel .2 fWAR . Pollock's been tearing the cover off the ball for the last month. Haseley is 10 yrs younger and LH and he doesn't have a spot on the Sox.

Edited to say: Looks like Haseley is coming up after a torrid last month in Charlotte. Probably replaces Moncada when he's IL'd.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Greg, don’t you remember what happens to every veteran future HoF or below veteran who signs with the White Sox at 35-36+ under Reinsdorf?

It’s the very last stop in their playing career.

I just wanted to try something different. Clearly Cain is a leader type. Clearly he knows the Central. Clearly he needs a change of scenery. If he's finished, fine. He can't hit any worse than a Grandal in the .100s. ... But if I'm so wrong, fine. Forget I brought it up. Cain blows. OK.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I just wanted to try something different. Clearly Cain is a leader type. Clearly he knows the Central. Clearly he needs a change of scenery. If he's finished, fine. He can't hit any worse than a Grandal in the .100s. ... But if I'm so wrong, fine. Forget I brought it up. Cain blows. OK.

Look at the positive.  We almost signed Alex Gordon for $68-72 million and that would have been a huge disaster.

The Brewers are excellent at extracting talent out of a turnip. If they legitimately believed there was anything left at all, then they never would never have Keuchel'ed him, still owing that much $$$ for a small market team.

43 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Definitely need more under performing NL guys.  Its gotta work someday. Right?

With all the automatic outs in the Sox lineup the past few seasons, I figured it would do no harm and perhaps some good to add a guy who has won. Just one I wanted the Sox to do something opposite of what they normally do. I give them credit for Vaughn, but many of the Sox moves involve adding automatic outs or horrible pitchers to the mix.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

With all the automatic outs in the Sox lineup the past few seasons, I figured it would do no harm and perhaps some good to add a guy who has won. Just one I wanted the Sox to do something opposite of what they normally do. I give them credit for Vaughn, but many of the Sox moves involve adding automatic outs or horrible pitchers to the mix.

It's a troll because it's literally the shit the Sox have done for years, adding guys past their prime hoping they catch lightning in a bottle. Aside from the fact that he's already said he's hurt.

11 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

It's a troll because it's literally the shit the Sox have done for years, adding guys past their prime hoping they catch lightning in a bottle. Aside from the fact that he's already said he's hurt.

Heaven forbid we discuss things on here. If I whiffed I whiffed. Life goes on as does the season. Go Sox.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Heaven forbid we discuss things on here. If I whiffed I whiffed. Life goes on as does the season. Go Sox.

There's no reason to discuss things that aren't actual discussions in good faith. You claim we should release on of our hottest hitters over the last two weeks (and a guy for a guy hitting .179 that is also older and injured.)  You're also suggesting we eat what remains of Pollocks contract (which we wouldn't, because he'd get picked up in seconds because teams wouldn't be dumb enough to believe we'd release him) and pick up what remains of Cain's 18 million dollar contract.

You're either ignorant or trolling

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 3

18 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hate to break it to you gregory but Pollock has been hitting .321 .368 .453  .821 for the last 15 days and

.287  .319   .460   .779 for the last 30 days.

Greg won't address this. 

Pollack and Robert are everyday guys right now. 

Unless they bench Yoan, or play Burger at 2B, Burger needs to be the DH most days, which makes Vaughn your everyday LFer...until Eloy comes back and it makes the lineup crunch even tougher. 

There's simply no room for Cain right now.

33 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

There's no reason to discuss things that aren't actual discussions in good faith. You claim we should release on of our hottest hitters over the last two weeks (and a guy for a guy hitting .179 that is also older and injured.)  You're also suggesting we eat what remains of Pollocks contract (which we wouldn't, because he'd get picked up in seconds because teams wouldn't be dumb enough to believe we'd release him) and pick up what remains of Cain's 18 million dollar contract.

The guy got released yesterday; actual topic. So what if I swing and missed; the Sox do it all the time. I value winners; all those ripping me obviously are going by his stats which is fine. I still believe in change of scenery and doing something out of the ordinary besides fire the manager (which also WILL NEVER HAPPEN with the Sox yet was discussed here). A judge would probably say I whiffed badly. So what? That and 2.50 will get me my usual Starbucks or Dunkin coffee. Life goes on. Sox whiff all the time. If I whiffed, bad on me.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Greg won't address this. 

Pollack and Robert are everyday guys right now. 

Unless they bench Yoan, or play Burger at 2B, Burger needs to be the DH most days, which makes Vaughn your everyday LFer...until Eloy comes back and it makes the lineup crunch even tougher. 

There's simply no room for Cain right now.

OK, Pollock is good; Cain bad. I will root harder for Pollock. If he's red hot, good for the Sox and us fans. Like I said I appaarently whiffed on this one. Sorry to waste 1/100th of people's days the last two days. You wasted 1/100th of mine making sure I spelled Pollock right and you wrong. Peace.

Edited by greg775

19 hours ago, greg775 said:

Hassely is the same ol thing the Sox do. Former No. 1 pick somewhere else. He ain't gonna hit. You heard it here first. Why not try something different and acquire a proven winner in Cain.

To his performance to date I say this: Change.Of.Scenery. Just try it. Only negative I feel is I think he's torn his hammy in the past as well. He'd fit in well here as a potential IL guy possibly. ... Why do peeps always want the same scenario? Try this we might like it.

Cain acknowledged after he was DFA'd that it's time to hang 'em up. Combine that with the fact that he's absolutely atrocious now, this could be your worst idea yet and that's really saying something

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

LOUDER FOR THE TROLLS IN THE BACK!