Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

Fans were responsible for the Bulls front office shake up. Now Jerry is alot less hands on with the Bulls these days than he is with the White Sox but fans must keep demanding change. Hahn is horrible, we all know this. Kenny is horrible, we all know this. Modern baseball has passed them by and they don't know how to adapt to it without insulting the fanbase and blaming all of their problems on injuries. Enough is enough. Fans need to chant "FIRE HAHN, FIRE KENNY" anytime they are trailing during a homegame this season. Let those knuckleheads know that we are done with their B.S. and losing ways. Rick Hahn's record as a GM is BRUTAL. And consequently- Kenny's record as the president of this franchise is the same. BOTH NEED TO GO YESTERDAY! LAST YEAR, HELL- 10 years ago! Jerry is holding this franchise hostage and he's too stuborn and/or senile to admit to it.  

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

57 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

In today's power rankings, the White Sox are #21, three behind the Cubs. How's the rebuild going?

The future is much much brighter on the North Side of town. The Cubs will win more games than the Sox this year and will spend $$ again this offseason to get better. They also have some legit dudes looming in their farm system. 

The Sox rebuild has been a massive massive failure. It is probably the least succesful tear down in baseball history. Hahn and company basically wrote the book on how to run your franchise into the ground. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

The future is much much brighter on the North Side of town. The Cubs will win more games than the Sox this year and will spend $$ again this offseason to get better. They also have some legit dudes looming in their farm system. 

The Sox rebuild has been a massive massive failure. It is probably the least successful tear down in baseball history. Hahn and company basically wrote the book on how to run your franchise into the ground. 

I thought the Cubs this off season did a lot of what the Sox did before 2005, bring in a lot, as in great number, of guys with MLB experience who had some upside. Hope to hell though they don't win the World Series!

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I thought the Cubs this off season did a lot of what the Sox did before 2005, bring in a lot, as in great number, of guys with MLB experience who had some upside. Hope to hell though they don't win the World Series!

Ha. No way in hell do the Cubs win it all this year. 

It's a complete shame that they are already a better team than the Sox though. It seems like the Sox are entering another dark age while Cubs fans are begginng to see some light. 

We can all chant Fire Hahn or whatever, but this mess of an organization will continue to be a mess as long as the people at the top stay the same, and that's Reinsdorf and all his partners. They need to cut bait and sell the team to someone who put the team in a position to succeed. 

• Like 1

"It's always a huge key, no matter what -- how well you can scout, how well you can bring talent into your organization.  Hopefully, it's for players that come up and contribute by playing in the big leagues, but even having the ability to supplement and add to your roster in trades. It's the No. 1 thing in order to be successful (as a GM), to have a scouting, player development system that's top notch. And that's always been our goal here since Day 1."

"We relish the opportunity (to reboot the farm system again).  You’ve got to go out and you’ve got to scout and every single year have good drafts, have good international programs..."

GM'ing ABC's

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

"It's always a huge key, no matter what -- how well you can scout, how well you can bring talent into your organization.  Hopefully, it's for players that come up and contribute by playing in the big leagues, but even having the ability to supplement and add to your roster in trades. It's the No. 1 thing in order to be successful (as a GM), to have a scouting, player development system that's top notch. And that's always been our goal here since Day 1."

"We relish the opportunity (to reboot the farm system again).  You’ve got to go out and you’ve got to scout and every single year have good drafts, have good international programs..."

GM'ing ABC's

It's all Greek to Hahn though. He pays lip service to it but when push comes to shove?

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It's all Greek to Hahn though. He pays lip service to it but when push comes to shove?

He toes the company line...

Leading to the Balta accusation that he should just resign if he had any pride, since the ownership group (seemingly) no longer trusts his judgement.   He's just a caretaker or will executor at this point in time.

He can sign guys on the periphery of Tier 1/A like Benintendi or Grandal...but these contracts for hundreds of millions or even $1 billion in the next 20-30 years will be far outside of his scope or purview.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

He toes the company line...

Leading to the Balta accusation that he should just resign if he had any pride, since the ownership group (seemingly) no longer trusts his judgement.   He's just a caretaker or will executor at this point in time.

He can sign guys on the periphery of Tier 1/A like Benintendi or Grandal...but these contracts for hundreds of millions or even $1 billion in the next 20-30 years will be far outside of his scope or purview.

He won't be in this position in 20 years because the Sox will be under new ownership and he'll have been fired.

I've spent the last 40 years as a cog in the wheel. For the most part, I'm ok with it. My kids turned out pretty well.

The wife and I have more than most . I'm lucky enough to see my grand kids all the time. But it really hurts to see

fools ruining the destiny of my first love. Kenny and Rick are in over their heads and always have been. Knowing 

JR couldn't care less makes it worse. We've all been saying the same thing in different ways for 15 years. What's

the point? The worst part is billionaires live a long time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, CanOfCorn said:

We can all chant Fire Hahn or whatever, but this mess of an organization will continue to be a mess as long as the people at the top stay the same, and that's Reinsdorf and all his partners. They need to cut bait and sell the team to someone who put the team in a position to succeed. 

With this quote from Grifol, I prefer to live in a world where Grifol also agrees that Hahn should be fired.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, CanOfCorn said:

I wonder in the back of my head if there is something worse waiting in the wings after Hahn is gone.  There’s no guarantee it gets better.  It would be hard to get worse but not impossible.

2 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I wonder in the back of my head if there is something worse waiting in the wings after Hahn is gone.  There’s no guarantee it gets better.  It would be hard to get worse but not impossible.

Good reason to never fire anyone. 

It could get worse. 

We probably deserve Musk as owner with that type of mentality. 

There’s just no other organization that would have stuck with a GM with these results this long. I bought into the rebuild. I felt bad for him about the La Russa hiring. But there’s just no more denying what should happen now. Hahn has to go. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2