Who is buying/renewing tix for 2023?

caulfield12

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

I don't understand why anybody would buy season tix when you can get good seats on the secondary market. If the team is any good just get tix on the internet sites that sell 'em. April and May you are dealing with cold weather. Summer time storms hit a lot. So why tie yourself into games that are played in absurd conditions?

They used to have a lot of perks being a season ticket holder. Parties, meet and greets, other things. They pretty much eliminated all of that. So, I am thinking just like you, it doesn’t make sense unless they are great and make the playoffs. In that case, you can commit to a year in September and get playoff tickets. 

When I use to work for a living it was hard going to the White Sox games. Now that I'm retired  I'm glad to be a season ticket holder. I'm in a 20 game package and I usually go to at least 30 games a year.  I'm thankful to be able to do this. I love the team win or lose. Its the only team and only sport I care about and I'm glad to renew every year.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

When I use to work for a living it was hard going to the White Sox games. Now that I'm retired  I'm glad to be a season ticket holder. I'm in a 20 game package and I usually go to at least 30 games a year.  I'm thankful to be able to do this. I love the team win or lose. Its the only team and only sport I care about and I'm glad to renew every year.

Would you still apply (again) to be the GM after all this?

Under Reinsdorf and KW?

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

I don't understand why anybody would buy season tix when you can get good seats on the secondary market. If the team is any good just get tix on the internet sites that sell 'em. April and May you are dealing with cold weather. Summer time storms hit a lot. So why tie yourself into games that are played in absurd conditions?

The benefit of the seasons is that if the forecast looks like s%*# a couple days ahead of when you're supposed to go you can swap that Tix for a different date. I'm a big secondary market guy as well, use it quite often for snagging additional Tix in our area. Our group specifically just loves our location and doesn't want to give that up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Would you still apply (again) to be the GM after all this?

Under Reinsdorf and KW?

I've given up on being the GM. JR doesn't respond to any of my letters anymore. Its really a shame because  I've  told him some of my ideas for the team/franchise and he  doesn't respond to me. Oh well.

What I liked most when I had season tickets (Sox, Bulls) it was making friends with everyone around me, knowing the vendors in my section, not worrying about sight lines, etc. 

I probably would still have them if I was living in Chicago. 

My dad in recent years has been buying a suite for family and friends once a year at Sox games. That's basically his big annual party for family once a year.

This year, as a protest, he bought a suite to a game.... in Oakland.

It's going to be cheaper for us to fly to Oakland (note: we have family out there) for this game... and we're giving money to an OPENLY cheap organization (not an org that will lie to you about it)

Edited by JoeC
  • Like 1

Wait, is the $30 parking real? 

Not that I don't trust CWS Piss Missiles ... just wondering if that's real? It's not a huge leap to raise it by 10%, but it's just so tone deaf. The cost of running a parking lot is not high... repaving/striping + minimal crew on game days to wave you in and out. 

6 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Not that I don't trust CWS Piss Missiles ... just wondering if that's real? It's not a huge leap to raise it by 10%, but it's just so tone deaf. The cost of running a parking lot is not high... repaving/striping + minimal crew on game days to wave you in and out. 

Season ticketholders get a break. $18 for most games, $10 on Sunday.

27 minutes ago, he gone. said:

That's what the Sox said in a recent email to season ticket holders.  $30 Mon-Sat and $20 on Sunday.  They were pitching buying discounted parking passes as part of season ticket plans at $18.

31 minutes ago, he gone. said:

If I were a betting man, I would wager that the money collected by the parking lot attendants does not all go to parking lot maintenance lol.

I'm not lying when I am 100% confident that if you took a group of 20 of us on Sox Talk and we split the pay/duties of Hahn & Marketing that we could build a much more successful franchise. I'm sure we have a few lawyers tip toeing on this site. Probably a few marketers. We have enough common sense on the board, we also have the crazy out there thinkers that could throw in out there ideas. Give us $180mm payroll and I'm pretty certain we'd have this at a 95 win team with a future too. 

Idea 1: Let's not make the fans hate their experience before they even get out of their car to go into the game.

Idea 2: Let's shorten the security lines so the fans don't double hate their experience before they get into the gates

Idea 3: Let's follow more of the Atlanta Falcons model so the fans don't want to shoot themselves for spending $14 on beer and $8 stale hot dogs/buns before they even sit in their seats

You know, simple things. 

Idea 4: Have grilled onion stations and fans in each section to waft that beautiful smell into my nostrils continuously. 

• Like 1

But for real. I don't know if they're with Levy or Aramark or whoever right now, but every single model the Sox do is run like an Excel spreadsheet. It's embarrassing. Sports are irrational. Fans want to be fans. They want to be in a community. They want to be irrational. They want to spend money. They come looking to release and have a good time. It's the most captured audience in the world. It's why you see corporations throw insane money for commercials, ads, etc. just to be associated with the sports. That's why you see grown men have guy crushes on 25 year old pitchers. It's a break from the real world. Yet the Sox take all of that goodwill and just push it to the limit. It's really just dirty and asinine behavior. Give back to the fans and community and you will receive it back in spades. 

You see it more and more in parks and airports, but you need to pair with the community and be reasonable. Portland airport has a rule that you can't charge more than you would at the restaurant outside the airport. I'm not saying we need to do that, but something within reason where they cap it at reasonable prices would be awesome. Houston was starting to do this when i was leaving, but they have paired with a local Mexican restaurant (El Tiempo), Killen's BBQ (famous bbq joint), Torchy's tacos, local beer companies, etc. to improve the concessions. Ditch Levy and bring in more local places. Give them actual kitchens to work in ... Now, I'm not sure how that works in terms of like Beggars ... think they par bake their pies due to demand/timing + i couldn't imagine buying all those ovens for 80 days a year makes sense either ... but there has to be a middle ground where we can get Maria's Packaged goods in there with that korean/polish duo, get a bunch of pilsen taco joints in, pair with a few bbq joints. harolds chicken, Hell find a cocktail bar on the southside. Let's team with Southside places and push the damn southside. home run inn is from little village, there's got to be good polish joints around the little village still or if just go to Kasia's and work with them. LIke its such an easy fix and builds community and pride. 

Be uniquely southside. embrace that bridgeport is cops/firefighters. Embrace the grit. 

57 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

That's pure Jerry's money

I feel like after the 2020 mess they set themselves out a back to business format

-Make playoffs in 2020
-Park reopens in 2021, make playoffs again
-2022 raise ticket prices after playoff appearances, make LCS or World Series. Cut sales staff because we won’t need them thanks to the teams success.
-2023 big jump in parking costs across $30 barrier, add in the escalated prices inside sections and big changes to season ticket packages, and this will not be an issue because of the success the team had in 2022.

It seems like 2022 sucked and they just decided to go ahead with their plans anyway, and it is coming off as super infuriating and arrogant because of where the team went.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, he gone. said:

What a great combination of words.  I bet that was fun to type 😂

5 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I feel like after the 2020 mess they set themselves out a back to business format

-Make playoffs in 2020
-Park reopens in 2021, make playoffs again
-2022 raise ticket prices after playoff appearances, make LCS or World Series. Cut sales staff because we won’t need them thanks to the teams success.
-2023 big jump in parking costs across $30 barrier, add in the escalated prices inside sections and big changes to season ticket packages, and this will not be an issue because of the success the team had in 2022.

It seems like 2022 sucked and they just decided to go ahead with their plans anyway, and it is coming off as super infuriating and arrogant because of where the team went.

You’ve probably put far more thought into this than whatever price gouging plan they schemed up. 

• Fire 1

I would like to go to three games at GRate this season. If I attend what are the odds of getting supurb free seats and free parking from soxtalk fans with box seats who want to sit next to this much hated fan and argue about Beninendi during the game? Actually I might end up liking him being a Sox. I'm not all for the lift and pull status of baseball.

Edited by greg775

Only ElRockin is left?

Even he is disheartened?

https://thecomeback.com/mlb/rockies-owner-dick-monfort-criticizes-padres-spending.html

But at least we don't have an owner who calls out the Mets, Phillies and Padres for making his life difficult, lol.  " I don’t 100% agree with (opposing teams' spending), though I know that our fans probably agree with it."

Since JR assailing the Twins as outlandish spenders (Correa, Buxton, etc.) would be a BIT, well, outlandish.   Twins are 17th, TIgers are 19th currently in projected 2023 payroll, Guardians 24th at just $75 million and the Royals at 25th with $74 million.

Meanwhile, the White Sox have fallen from 7th to 12th ($170.4 million) and the crosstown rival Cubs at a paltry $169 million and the 13th highest payroll in MLB. 

Birds of a feather tend to flock together, right?

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

Twins Payroll Totals

Twins Luxury Tax Payroll

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Only ElRockin is left?

Even he is disheartened?

https://thecomeback.com/mlb/rockies-owner-dick-monfort-criticizes-padres-spending.html

But at least we don't have an owner who calls out the Mets, Phillies and Padres for making his life difficult, lol.  " I don’t 100% agree with (opposing teams' spending), though I know that our fans probably agree with it."

Since JR assailing the Twins as outlandish spenders (Correa, Buxton, etc.) would be a BIT, well, outlandish.   Twins are 17th, TIgers are 19th currently in projected 2023 payroll, Guardians 24th at just $75 million and the Royals at 25th with $74 million.

Meanwhile, the White Sox have fallen from 7th to 12th ($170.4 million) and the crosstown rival Cubs at a paltry $169 million and the 13th highest payroll in MLB. 

Birds of a feather tend to flock together, right?

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

Twins Payroll Totals

Twins Luxury Tax Payroll

Probably figured out they aren't striving to win mightily

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2023 at 5:43 AM, WBWSF said:

Sounds like you treat baseball as some sort of "pastime."  Sad.  Are you aware that if you get angry enough you can control the direction of the team through sheer force of will and fanpower?  

Edited by 35thstreetswarm
  • Like 1