The Pedro Hire

Tomtom

7 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

You nailed it. This year is actually evidence that Tony got the most of the ballclub the last two years. The team has completely imploded now that he is gone. 

Let's see the almighty list! Please include the fan fiction where a different manager has the Sox beating the crap out of Houston back in October of 2021. 

I also hope there is a list going for Pedro. That list should be getting quite long already. Although I'm betting that despair is  settling in and such a list is just an exercise in futility. 

There will never be a list for Pedro.  The TLR list existed for purely non-baseball reasons.

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

When will the Sox announce the cancellation of Soxfest?

they not only think very little of their fans, they are afraid of them. They might say mean things like you are not good at your job that pays you millions.

But KW screams accountability, bull💩

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, flavum said:

Do you really think a new manager with a 3-yr deal is getting canned after a month? I just don’t see that happening. That’s not a baseball thing. Certainly not a Reinsdorf thing.

Pedro is the buffer between Hahn and the horrid roster they put together.  They can’t fire him in April after singing his praises all winter.  Firing their shiny new manager right after hiring him begs too many questions of the decision makers, they still need that scapegoat. 

• Like 2

On 4/26/2023 at 4:14 PM, flavum said:

Do you really think a new manager with a 3-yr deal is getting canned after a month? I just don’t see that happening. That’s not a baseball thing. Certainly not a Reinsdorf thing.

Hahn wanted HIS guy and wants to get all the credit if they were to win.  He is intimidated by Ozzie and knows IF they won Ozzie  would get the credit.  He wants to be the man and now he got what he wanted.  He is the man….to blame!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2023 at 3:13 PM, The Kids Can Play said:

That's the point...he was right there and KC didn't want him. To a sharp GM that should have been a huge warning sign not to hire Pedro. KC didn't want Pedro even though he had been there for years. Instead KC went to the outside and hired Matt Quatraro, the bench coach from Tampa Bay. Hahn instead knew better and didn't question that and hired Pedro from a team that was 65-97 last year and haven't had a winning season since 2016. Rick Hahn evidently didn't care that KC didn't hire their own long time coach Pedro. KC wanted to stop the continual losing seasons and wanted Quatraro from the successful Rays who are an obvious consistent winning baseball team and culture.

Reinsdorf and his senior management know so much more than anyone else. 

Ask them.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Heard that Burger is one of the only guys on the team that uses this machine

Wow, from what I've read, this pitching machine is exactly what every Sox batter should be using.

Talk about a lack of leadership and accountability! Why isn't Grifol and the hitting coach making it mandatory that all the hitters on this team that are clueless on reading pitches and real good at striking out by swinging at pitches a few feet off the plate...using this machine daily?

It's becoming more comical daily how dysfunctional this organization is from top to bottom, as we keep finding out more tidbits like this. Are you f'ing kidding me? Jake Burger is on board using it to get better and Eloy and Robert are like, Nah, I don't need that. I'm good with the regular old fashion pitching machine or the coaches pitching to me. 

• Like 2

On 4/26/2023 at 9:24 AM, LittleHurtCG said:

You nailed it. This year is actually evidence that Tony got the most of the ballclub the last two years. The team has completely imploded now that he is gone. 

Let's see the almighty list! Please include the fan fiction where a different manager has the Sox beating the crap out of Houston back in October of 2021. 

I also hope there is a list going for Pedro. That list should be getting quite long already. Although I'm betting that despair is  settling in and such a list is just an exercise in futility. 

Newsflash, this team would be just as bad if not worse with Sleepy Tony at the helm. Let's not delude and kid ourselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

Newsflash, this team would be just as bad if not worse with Sleepy Tony at the helm. Let's not delude and kid ourselves. 

No they would have only won 5 games this month. 

• Haha 1

These were the big points of emphasis during Pedro’s opening press conference:

• “We will communicate”
  • “We will be fundamentally sound”
  • “We will play with passion and pride for this uniform. This means something.”
  • “We will respect the game, our fans, and earn their trust”
  • “We will control the strike zone on both sides of the ball…”
  • “We will work hard and play winning baseball every night and definitely will hold each other accountable.”

How do you feel he’s holding up to his end of the bargain?  The “control both sides of the strike zone” comment is comical at this point given just how poorly we rank in both drawing and issuing walks.  The “play winning baseball every night” obviously doesn’t resonate well amidst a nine game losing streak.

I would like to hear everyone’s thoughts on the other focus areas.  Do these guys appear to be playing hard?  Are they communicating better?  Are the fundamentals finally there?

I haven’t been able to watch much this past week due to work, but that Sosa miscue last night was brutal and makes question what this staff is even doing.  At this point, it’s hard to separate the rot of a broken organization from the coaching staff and the players.  Just curious if people feel Grifol is part of the problem or rather a victim of everything else.

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

• “We will communicate”
  • “We will work hard and play winning baseball every night and definitely will hold each other accountable.”

How do you feel he’s holding up to his end of the bargain?  The “control both sides of the strike zone” comment is comical at this point given just how poorly we rank in both drawing and issuing walks.  The “play winning baseball every night” obviously doesn’t resonate well amidst a nine game losing streak.

I would like to hear everyone’s thoughts on the other focus areas.  Do these guys appear to be playing hard?  Are they communicating better?  Are the fundamentals finally there?

I haven’t been able to watch much this past week due to work, but that Sosa miscue last night was brutal and makes question what this staff is even doing.  At this point, it’s hard to separate the rot of a broken organization from the coaching staff and the players.  Just curious if people feel Grifol is part of the problem or rather a victim of everything else.

Both. The fact he is here is a testament to the rot in the front office thinking a rookie manager would overcome the toxicity of 2022 and, now, a 9-game losing streak and a 7-20 record. The Sox are a flawed team in many respects but following TLR, regardless of how you felt about him, is a tough chore especially for a rookie manager thinking he needs to change things. Grifol is a deer in headlights. Somewhat innocent but shouldn't be where he is.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 2:14 PM, flavum said:

Probably not getting fired.   That’s why I’ve written off this season and cancelled my plans to travel from Vegas for a series in 2023.   Hope springs eternal for 2024 though…..although if Grifol is allowed to finish his contract, I may just wait to see a game in person when the Sox visit the Las Vegas A’s in the future.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, sin city sox fan said:

Probably not getting fired.   That’s why I’ve written off this season and cancelled my plans to travel from Vegas for a series in 2023.   Hope springs eternal for 2024 though…..although if Grifol is allowed to finish his contract, I may just wait to see a game in person when the Sox visit the Las Vegas A’s in the future.

2027...maybe. 

It's everybody's fault, including Pedro, that the Sox quit completely after blowing game one of the series at Tampa. Season over at that point. This team is not a team and seemingly always will have injuries. Not all PG's fault. But he's not so good IMO.

On 4/26/2023 at 5:52 PM, Green Line said:

There will never be a list for Pedro.  The TLR list existed for purely non-baseball reasons.

Does falling asleep in the dugout and throwing his players under the bus count as non baseball reasons?

Personally I never cared about the dui because I figured he wouldn’t be doing any driving for the Sox.

TLR was just a s%*# manager. I don’t know if you were in a coma or what, but I’m pretty sure the laundry lists of tlr f*** ups can still be found using the search function

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Larussa was signed 10 years too late.  Kind of like signing Griffey Jr when he's 45.   Team seemed to click better with Renteria and Cooper.  Need Ozzie back before he's 80 and make some major moves to shake up this team.  Get some prospects and dump salary.  Build around a new core.  I don't think they'll fire Pedro after 2 months because he'll be finished and they won't ruin his managerial career.  Atleast get these guys playing for a contract and get something out of them 

12 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

• “We will communicate”

“We will communicate” - Update on this.  Robert had some tight hammies today, but didn’t feel like communicating to the coaching or training staff and instead decided to just half ass it.  Even more concerning, Charlie Montoya has apparently never communicated his name to Robert.

2 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Lmao you think it’s Montoyo’s fault Robert apparently doesn’t know s%*# from shinola? If this were a film you’d need to get Steve Martin to play that motherfucker

I think you’re missing the point, which is that our CF doesn’t know the name of our bench coach.  Nitpicking who’s at fault doesn’t really matter here.  These guys should be interacting all the time.  It’s beyond fucking nuts that this is even possible.

• Like 1