4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07

wegner

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

yeah I didn't realize that either, I've thought to myself "he moves well for a big guy" but never would have guessed a tick behind Robert speed.  Here's compared to the league

image.png

I would say there's a near zero percent chance that the Sox coaches know these numbers re: Burgers speed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

I would say there's a near zero percent chance that the Sox coaches know these numbers re: Burgers speed

I think there's probably some flaw to this stat where it's based on Home Plate to 1B speed and guys aren't always running 100% effort where Jake probably is.  Like is Jake Burger legitimately faster than Ronald Acuna Jr?  Seems difficult to believe. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

So Colas shows the expected rookie slow down after the league adjusts to him and he now can't crack the startling lineup.  Classic White Sox, the season is already meaningless, let him take his lumps and play nearly every day. 

The beat goes on, let's throw anyone out in RF except an actual outfielder and see what happens.  Meanwhile we still have no MLB ready RF or 2B while Hahn claims we are  "competing for multiple championships." and "talk to me after the parade".  

• Like 2

I wonder how many games Colas has now sat to where leaving him Triple-A for a few weeks to get the extra year of control would have made sense.

Edit: with a 7-17 record with Colas starting in 17 of those games, the team is 5-12 in games he was in the starting lineup. Really moving the needle!

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Colas is batting .100 vs lefties this year. Sheets and Haseley should never be in vs lefties. So yeah. Maybe play Colas and get some experience but yes, these are the bodies he has.

Andrus, to his credit, has a .375 OBP vs Lefites this year in 24 PAs. Not a big sample size but at this point, may as well be 1.000 for what we are dealing with.

There is no making a good line-up here.

I understand the lack of options. But Robert should be closer to 9 than 3. Vaughn should never be 2 and I don't care what Andrus is doing he isn't giving quality at-bats to be leadoff. I hope I'm dead wrong. 

2 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

I understand the lack of options. But Robert should be closer to 9 than 3. Vaughn should never be 2 and I don't care what Andrus is doing he isn't giving quality at-bats to be leadoff. I hope I'm dead wrong. 

Robert should be 2 or 3 when TA and Moncada are out. We aren't winning without him going anyways.

32 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

what's this thing about Burger being a fast runner based on the stats, anyone heard this? He's supposedly in the top 15% or some s%*# (Robert in the top 11%)

sounds ridiculous personally 

actually, I'd never heard that before. I've always said he was fast for a big man though. I would bet he's faster to first base than TA.

Tim is the slowest guy out of the batters box on the team. Maybe even the whole league.

• TLR 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I wonder how many games Colas has now sat to where leaving him Triple-A for a few weeks to get the extra year of control would have made sense.

Edit: with a 7-17 record with Colas starting in 17 of those games, the team is 5-12 in games he was in the starting lineup. Really moving the needle!

I'm not sure having watched Colas play, that worrying about his service time is the takeaway there...

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

This is worse than any TLR lineup I can remember. Honeymoon is over, this guy wasn't ready for manager and going to destroy any chance of this "window" ever happening. FML, it's all over. 

I think you forget the lineups with Leury batting in the 3 hole…

This is worse than any TLR lineup I can remember. Honeymoon is over, this guy wasn't ready for manager and going to destroy any chance of this "window" ever happening. FML, it's all over. 

Go ahead and improve the lineup. It doesn't matter. The players are dogshit.

• Like 1

Tony destroyed it, this is just the transition into the rebuild