Sox @ Dodgers 9:10

Vote4Pedro

Gordo was right. They were playing for big inning by holding up runner.

See this is my problem with pitch counts. Fricking leave Cease in and give him a chance to get out of the inning. His pitch count was not outlandish. Now Lopez blows the 4 run lead and it's bad for EVERYBODY in a Sox uniform. If I were Cease I'd be sooooo pissed. No wonder some of these players only care about money. Cease earned a paycheck tonight, nothing else cause of Lopez/Pedro taking him out.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2

Just now, greg775 said:

See this is my problem with pitch counts. Fricking leave Cease in and give him a chance to get out of the inning. His pitch count was not outlandish. Now Lopez blows the 4 run lead and it's bad for EVERYTHING. If I were Cease I'd be sooooo pissed. No wonder some of these players only care about money. Cease earned a paycheck tonight, nothing else cause of Lopez.

Would have pitched into the 7th if Seby was catching.

Just sayin'.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

See this is my problem with pitch counts. Fricking leave Cease in and give him a chance to get out of the inning. His pitch count was not outlandish. Now Lopez blows the 4 run lead and it's bad for EVERYTHING. If I were Cease I'd be sooooo pissed. No wonder some of these players only care about money. Cease earned a paycheck tonight, nothing else cause of Lopez.

I really don't buy this logic that 100 is some magic number that cannot be crossed or else risk your arm falling off your body. Is there actually any connection between this pitch count versus, say 120, and a reduced risk of injury? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Can’t stand Grifol he is costing team over 10 games already

He appears overmatched/somewhat clownish. And you never hear about players loving him or anything. RR got the shaft, folks and so did we as fans. RR baby!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

See this is my problem with pitch counts. Fricking leave Cease in and give him a chance to get out of the inning. His pitch count was not outlandish. Now Lopez blows the 4 run lead and it's bad for EVERYBODY in a Sox uniform. If I were Cease I'd be sooooo pissed. No wonder some of these players only care about money. Cease earned a paycheck tonight, nothing else cause of Lopez.

Cease was done. Couldn't get the fastball over. I wouldve rather seen reylo just start the inning clean but oh well. Dude is a head case. It's the Dodgers they weren't going to go quietly. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

See this is my problem with pitch counts. Fricking leave Cease in and give him a chance to get out of the inning. His pitch count was not outlandish. Now Lopez blows the 4 run lead and it's bad for EVERYBODY in a Sox uniform. If I were Cease I'd be sooooo pissed. No wonder some of these players only care about money. Cease earned a paycheck tonight, nothing else cause of Lopez/Pedro taking him out.

I would rather Cease pitch left handed than bring Lopez in.

• Thanks 1

Not a fan of the modern day pitcher.  Throw thru a brick wall and get as many Ks as possible and struggle after 5.  It's fine if you got a decent pen.  The Sox pen has too many mental weaknesses.  I expect Hahn to trade for more of them at the deadline. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

This goes back to extra pitches Cease had to throw last inning.  Then 8 pitch inning.   This organization is such trash. 

Yoan, Anderson and Grandal need to all go complete waste of money. 

Great point Harry on the extra pitches. Quite observant. p.s. Very proud of the Crusaders but sad of course. As the coach said one of these years the team will break thru and take it all (hopefully in football as well; not sure team can ever do it in hoops despite this year's excellence and some other years).

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic