Home Run Derby 2023

Heads22

23 minutes ago, wegner said:

I hate to break it to you, but we've got another half season of thrilling White Sox baseball.

I can't believe you guys actually watch these games, like there's nothing else for you to do, seriously?

it's like that bill burr skit where he's talking about jaded girlfriends who can't leave their abusive relationships

"I can't just leave him Becky, my CDs are in his TRUCK" 

15 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I can't believe you guys actually watch these games, like there's nothing else for you to do, seriously?

it's like that bill burr skit where he's talking about jaded girlfriends who can't leave their abusive relationships

Referencing the Cubbie loving Bill Burr? Very sad. You probably buy your insurance from Jeff Vukavich too. See you on Friday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

you do realize that for the kinds of changes this team needs, they need to play so badly that people lose their jobs

you understand that right

So why get upset about Luis Robert doing OK (definitely not "pathetic") in the home run derby?

If it brings you that much misery, man, you need to look elsewhere.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I wonder how much it will cost MLB when some kid gets badly hurt and the parents sue. 

I'm sure, in true American mega-corporate fashion, they made all their parents sign waivers just for the "honor" of this. That kid had to be badly hurt. It was a fucking line drive rocket, probably at close to 100 mph, smoking their skull.

I only watched the first round, but Luis was like a movie villain that dispatches a main character in the first 10 minutes of the film.  The crowd and announcers (and most people watching at home) were just loving Rutschman's performance, praising him, getting teary eyed with his dad pitching to him.  Then Luis comes in and destroys him and 28 baseballs.  The perfunctory hug afterwards was classic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joejoesox said:

What the f*** are you even talking about?  You are posting about and clearly watching the games you are making fun of people for watching.   So, Becky, go get your CDs.

10 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Still proud of our guy, nice to see him push himself out of his comfort zone a bit.

I keep thinking about this. He doesn’t have the big personality of some of the other participants. He doesn’t have the name recognition (yet). He didn’t have an entourage or any other teammates there with him. Hell, he basically had no storyline at all. And I wouldn’t be surprised if there was even a little culture shock going from whatever this Sox miserable existence is to…gasp…a fun environment?!

Atta boy Pantera. Hopefully this was the first of several. He deserves to be showcased more on a national level.

• Like 2