Sox v Braves @ 6:20 GAME THREAD

2Deep

30 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Ok, I'm 1-0 doing this. Lets see if we can bring some luck for good baseball in 2nd half....

TA has the lowest OBP in MLB at .245.  Why is he still hitting at the top of the lineup?  Grifol is too stubborn and not good adjusting IMO. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

This could be one ugly weekend.

Didn't the Braves get swept by the A's?

In fact, if I recall correctly, there are exactly three teams that have a losing record in Oakland. The A's, the Braves, and the White Sox.

Edited by skooch
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Wonder if he’s upset his most recent rehab is at Charlotte and not Birmingham like Eloy did for a change of scenery this time around. 

They're going to argue it will save money on travel expenses getting him closer to Atlanta...but not so close (Birmingham) that he actually has to take a bus with all of his back issues.

3 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Also, living in SC, the only sports blab radio we get is about college football and the Braves. They've been pretty chatty about the Braves going after Luis Robert. I hope he hits 17 homeruns this series, because the Sox aren't trading the best Sox position player since Frank Thomas. 

If they put Strider on the blocks for him...I'd be listening.

1 hour ago, skooch said:

Didn't the Braves get swept by the A's?

In fact, if I recall correctly, there are exactly three teams that have a losing record in Oakland. The A's, the Braves, and the White Sox.

Actually the Braves lost 2 of 3 to the A's and were not swept. That was also on the road.

The Braves have the best record in baseball at 60-29 of which they are 30-15 at home. The Sox are 38-54 and 17-29 on the road. 

The Braves are 20-3 in the last 23 games.