Sox Twins Gamethread

Heads22

23 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You have my word: I’ll buy 10 round after

Damn, now I'm gonna be pissed when they don't win it all this year.

Hahn, forget this selling bullshit.....GO ALL IN

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That's really going to kill the pitching staff remaining after the trades. There will be extra outs, mega wild pitches, and other miscues, not to mention no experience game calling.

If he appeared to have any catching defensive ability, that I'd agree, but it's hard to see any at least at this stage.

A voice of reason....I rarely listen to those, but you make a good point.

• Thanks 1

Can’t see anyway Grifol gets a 2nd season, Hahn and Williams are going to need yet another scapegoat! Grifol makes Bevington look like a HOF manager.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Don't know why I even watch

The good and the bad

Wasted my afternoon watching this train wreck 

The bad....I admitted to my better half when I picked her up at work that I did not start dinner..."you chose the White Sox and neglected to feed your family"

The good....on my way to pick up pizza in a few minutes.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Can’t see anyway Grifol gets a 2nd season, Hahn and Williams are going to need yet another scapegoat! Grifol makes Bevington look like a HOF manager.

I wonder if they will look for someone from a winning organization and some championship experience.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Saufley said:

The entire organization has proven that they are "baseball-stupid"!

Yes, it is. I've been a fan for a long time and have bad memories of bad teams. But this is the worst situation. The absolute worst. 

4 minutes ago, Highland said:

Yes, it is. I've been a fan for a long time and have bad memories of bad teams. But this is the worst situation. The absolute worst. 

I went through the terrible years of 68, 69 and 70 plus of course the rebuild years but I’ve seen things this year by this team that I’ve never seen before, they play a game that I’m not familiar with. With an off day tomorrow it will be a good time to start retooling, first with the firing of Hahn, let KW take over for the rest of the year. The next step is to fire Grifol, the man doesn’t have a clue. I would really like to see AJ become the new manager. The guy is a winner and as a former catcher knows the game. It will be up to KW to make the trades that have to be made but the new GM whoever it may be is going to have monumental job in cleaning up this mess both at the Major and Minor League levels.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I wonder if they will look for someone from a winning organization and some championship experience.

If they were literally going to try another search this offseason, with a 90 loss team, no one with a long term successful resume will want this. They will face the notion of being a scapegoat if the can’t fix the team.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I went through the terrible years of 68, 69 and 70 plus of course the rebuild years but I’ve seen things this year by this team that I’ve never seen before, they play a game that I’m not familiar with. With an off day tomorrow it will be a good time to start retooling, first with the firing of Hahn, let KW take over for the rest of the year. The next step is to fire Grifol, the man doesn’t have a clue. I would really like to see AJ become the new manager. The guy is a winner and as a former catcher knows the game. It will be up to KW to make the trades that have to be made but the new GM whoever it may be is going to have monumental job in cleaning up this mess both at the Major and Minor League levels.

since the entire player developement staff will have to be replaced, the GM hire will be the most important, keep Kenny as far away from that as possible, he's just as responsible for this s%*# show as Hahn

7 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Does this team have any pride? It’s almost like they enjoy getting the s%*# kicked out of themselves.

i notice this also.. they seem to not give a f***.

Like some of them actually think they are good because they did one good thing in 4 games.

detached from reality.

• Like 1

Anderson LAD for Emmet Sheehan & River Ryan

Giolito and Lopez to TEX for Sebastian Walcott & Mitch Bratt

Cease to BAL for Jordan Westburg, Joey Ortiz & Coby Mayo

Grandal to HOU for Edinson Batista

Let's get some of these nitwits out of here. Go to hell, Rick

48 minutes ago, Rounding_Third said:

Nobody that good is that stupid.  This org belongs in toon town.

You have to wonder if they actually look at videos of all the pitches they swing at out of the zone, the season is 4 months old and it’s the same thing game after game, how many Golden Sombreros have there been especially from Robert and Burger, these guys aren’t trying to improve, just get in the box without a plan and swing at just about every pitch and get lucky and hit one out of the park once in awhile.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Anderson LAD for Emmet Sheehan & River Ryan

Giolito and Lopez to TEX for Sebastian Walcott & Mitch Bratt

Cease to BAL for Jordan Westburg, Joey Ortiz & Coby Mayo

Grandal to HOU for Edinson Batista

Let's get some of these nitwits out of here. Go to hell, Rick

Not Graveman??????  Ship him out for a bag of balls> Today's loss, is 100% on him. Really?  You can't as the closer get three outs before giving up three runs?  

It's just amazing how bad our bullpen has been this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Any attempt to blame Grifol just feels like an attempt to deflect from the root of the problem, even if that same root hired Grifol. 

100%.  This team has a terrible pitching staff, awful depth and a lineup with only one great hitter, maybe 2 other above average hitters and a number of guys who either suck defensively or are playing out of position or both.  Grifol has been bad but the issues we are seeing really are because of the front office. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Yeah...if Harold is right and KW will take over next year then might as well let him make the trades in the next week and just go from there.

Tomorrow is a really good time to get some housecleaning done.

• Like 1

There’s a losers mentality in this organization. This includes Rick, Kenny, Tim, Eloy, Yoan, Yaz, Gavin, Bummer, and more. No accountability, no drive to make things better, no desire to beat the other side on a given day.

The worst part is nobody is even angry when they lose. They just take it and wait for the next butt kicking.

Edited by NCsoxfan
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

56 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

i notice this also.. they seem to not give a f***.

Like some of them actually think they are good because they did one good thing in 4 games.

detached from reality.

I truly believe, from the bottom of my heart, that these guys got their money and don’t really care one bit.  As long as they get to live in a nice house and don’t have to live near any fans they really don’t care.  I really believe that.  I think they are too stupid to be forward thinking and try, even out of sheer greed for the next contract.  I think they can’t see past tomorrow.  I have never seen a collection of people so bad at their job, and caring so little, this side of the DMV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

If they were literally going to try another search this offseason, with a 90 loss team, no one with a long term successful resume will want this. They will face the notion of being a scapegoat if the can’t fix the team.

There were people around here that would rip your head off for saying that a couple years ago.  One was a woman and another who posted a lot who has now not posted in a long time.  They were very rude in their insistence that this was incorrect.  Wonder if they still believe this.

3 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I truly believe, from the bottom of my heart, that these guys got their money and don’t really care one bit.  As long as they get to live in a nice house and don’t have to live near any fans they really don’t care.  I really believe that.  I think they are too stupid to be forward thinking and try, even out of sheer greed for the next contract.  I think they can’t see past tomorrow.  I have never seen a collection of people so bad at their job, and caring so little, this side of the DMV.

Rick has never considered character, desire, and work ethic in his evaluation. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They've been doing that for a few weeks now. Ozzie said he doesn't even like to take about Grifol because "it aggravates him..." That he "doesn't know" what's going on with guys. 

Ozzie must thank the White Sox every day for not hiring him again.