Liam TJS

Tnetennba

Just now, wegner said:

Make Kopech the closer....I'm sick of seeing him fail as a starter...I want to see him fail at something else.

If I’m the Sox I’m giving Santos the ball at the back end and see how it goes. Leave Kopech where he’s at because we know they aren’t going to sign 3 SP this off season 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Feel like they should have taken care of that last season

Just so we're clear about this, he's apparently been pitching with this torn for pretty much his whole career. When it flared up last year, they were able to deal with the pain through rest. When they rushed him back this year with a limited spring training, apparently they triggered something different. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Still I think Jerry with his cheapness would rather kick that can down the road and only pay him the 1.5 every year until he sells then he can be off the hook for it 

It's also $1.5 million that isn't adjusted for inflation, so the total real amount of money paid to Hendriks will be less, and it will be an even lower fraction of team revenue which is going up much faster than inflation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

You're probably right, but how the hell could they say "we will contend in 2024" with a straight face? They're a joke

Because their fall back has always been the AL Central sucks so we are in it until we are not. Personally I want a GM who doesn’t give a damn about what the rest of the division does and puts together a roster that will compete with anyone let alone the AL Central 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

Make Kopech the closer....I'm sick of seeing him fail as a starter...I want to see him fail at something else.

lol it won't make a bit of difference where Kopech is slotted in, team is gonna lose 100 games next year

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Just so we're clear about this, he's apparently been pitching with this torn for pretty much his whole career. When it flared up last year, they were able to deal with the pain through rest. When they rushed him back this year with a limited spring training, apparently they triggered something different. 

My thoughts as well

47 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Just to point this out one more time, only 1 team in baseball does not recognize that 12 to 14 months is a very aggressive return schedule from TJS. The good news is that 14 months from now should be the end of the 2024 season, so the odds of them trying to rush him back are low. 

• Like 2

He was doing great until Fucking Engel dropped the pop up in foul territory with 2 outs in the 9th. Game should have been ova. Next pitch, home run. Tony should have walked out there and taken Engel off the field.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Just to point this out one more time, only 1 team in baseball does not recognize that 12 to 14 months is a very aggressive return schedule from TJS. The good news is that 14 months from now should be the end of the 2024 season, so the odds of them trying to rush him back are low. 

Good thing for Liam is they know they won’t be competing in 2024 anyways so there won’t be a realistic thought to pick up his option and push that timeline either 

58 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

He’s had the tear in the elbow since he was in Oakland, he let that out of the bag last year 

I understand he has had a small partial  tear.  I haven't seen his last scan (or others) but if it is now totally torn or significantly progressed from before then it is different.  My point was going into the trade deadline , the front office knew he was out for all or virtually all of 2024.  

1 hour ago, Vote4Pedro said:

If I’m the Sox I’m giving Santos the ball at the back end and see how it goes. Leave Kopech where he’s at because we know they aren’t going to sign 3 SP this off season 

Who let the voice of reason in the room? Haven't you people ever heard of closing the g damn door?

• Heads22 unpinned this topic