Sox, Tribe, Peacock at High Noon Sunday, EDT.

oldsox

Final Sox/Guardians game of 2023

“From the second I set foot in the clubhouse, I could tell these teams don’t like each other,” said Cleveland starter Noah Syndergaard, who was acquired in a trade last week. “And I don’t think it’s going to be resolved anytime soon.”

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Going to be shocked if the Guardians don't blow the Sox out of the water in this one...not going to believe the Sox are galvanized/united for one second this season.

They hit 4 homers and scored 7 runs last night. That usually means a woeful offense performance today.

Seby out with an oblique injury.

Every time I’ve seen Rocchio hit so far he seems like a White Sox prospect.  Just zero approach at the plate.  The Guardians probably made the right choice punting on this season even being a few games out because that team is not capable of winning in the postseason even if they get there.  

52 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

"I feel like Tim Anderson disrespects the game" according to Ramirez's response to broadcaster Tom Hamilton relayed on pregame interview with Terry Francona.

First career game Ramirez was ejected.

Apparently started with Anderson trash talking Gabriel Arias and being told to cut it out by umpires earlier.

Can't believe this hadn't been talked about more. I'll usually defend Sox players regardless of whether they're right or wrong but if you look at the whole story starting Friday TA looks like a tool. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

The fact that more time was spent addressing Eloy getting spiked or stepped on or shoved than TA once again being right in the middle of yet another national controversy...

LOL, you would have thought someone knifed him in the leg or something the way he was going on and on last night, throwing his hands in the air like he'd been shot.

You mean to tell me Eloy was the only one who had his foot stepped on in that scrum.  Please Eloy, stop being such a BIG BABY and show some of that light tower power we all heard about.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Robert seems pretty much oblivious to everything going on around him.

Andrus would be in HoF if his entire career was at Jacobs/Progressive.  Wow.  5/8 this weekend.

Congrats to Andrus for finally having a higher Slugging % than On Base %. It's only August, padding that 62 OPS+ as well!

1 minute ago, WilliamTell said:

Congrats to Andrus for finally having a higher Slugging % than On Base %. It's only August, padding that 62 OPS+ as well!

Andrus has flown past Timmy and Yoan in terms of OPS, and I still don’t think I’ve seen Andrus get a hit when I’ve been watching a game this year 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, fathom said:

On the other hand, Yoan might be the worst player in baseball now.  Just sit him the rest of the way.

Hated to see Burger traded. This  means we have to have Moncada in the starting lineup thru 2024.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1