Keynan Middleton rips White Sox 'no rules' culture

maxjusttyped

22 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

This is front page on ESPN.com. He isn't saying anything most of us have been saying for awhile now. The lousy culture and lack of any leadership are the the biggest problems in the Sox organization. The new manager was supposed to help change this but he doesn't have the personality or experience to do it. The players are walking all over him just like they did with TLR.

You need rules and you need your players to make sure they are followed. I'm a huge Michigan State BB fan and their coach Tom Izzo always says that when your best players are your hardest workers then the rest of the team will follow. When have the Sox had that? 

Losing has just become acceptable. When have any of the players come out and said dammit I'm sick of losing!  No one says anything. TA, Moncada, Vaughn, Jimenez, Robert, Cease, not one of them is a strong voice and or a leader. 

Hopefully this article will expose the Sox for the joke of an organization they are and just maybe force some positive change. 

At least we can hope. Because without hope what is there?

You say all that like LaRussa, Grifol, and Ventura are innocent bystanders who are being overpowered. 

I don’t believe that. I believe this is the culture they want, that the front office wants. If no one works too hard, no one looks bad by comparison. Everyone gets their paycheck, everyone gets their midday nap, and all that’s important is you tell the owner that you’re working hard and so are your bosses, so that no one blows up the scam. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

I did not want to believe this. 

Makes me sad. It was easier to believe that they just suck now. 

Nah this actually makes it easier for me,  because it confirms what i suspected

• Like 6

Lmao at this Yankees fan on Reddit:

Now we gotta find out who this rookie sleeping in the bullpen is.

EDIT 1: Pitchers who had rookie status coming into this season: Gregory Santos, Jesse Scholtens, Nicholas Padilla, Sammy Peralta, Declan Cronin, Edgar Navarro.

EDIT 2: I’m eliminating Declan Cronin. From the article,

Multiple sources, who corroborated Middleton's account to ESPN, said a pitcher was seen napping during games as well as skipping fielding practice.

This indicates multiple games in which the sleeping has happened. Cronin was just called up for the first time on July 28 and made his debut on the 30th. While it is possible that he could have fallen asleep in multiple games between his call-up and Middleton’s trade on August 1, I am going to go ahead and assume he didn’t, especially since his big-league debut was on the line.

EDIT 3: I’m eliminating Edgar Navarro for the same reason. He was called up for the first time on July 29, making him even less likely than Cronin to have fallen asleep in the bullpen during multiple games.

That leaves Santos, Scholtens, Padilla, and Peralta.

EDIT 4: I’m going to go ahead and eliminate Peralta for similar reasons. He was called up for the first time on May 2, debuted on May 4, sent back down the next day, and then called back up again on July 27. Now is it possible that Sammy was the sleeper? Sure. That said, given that he was not given enough time to have been able to gain that level of comfort in the bigs, I’m going to go ahead and scratch him.

Now we’re down to Santos, Scholtens, and Padilla.

EDIT 5: I’m going to eliminate Padilla for the same reason. He had four short stints with the team - quick up-and-down deals.

Now one might say, “But HawkeyeJosh, what if he was sent down because they caught him napping?” I considered that, but the whole point of the article was that the White Sox don’t have any rules. Ergo, more than likely, he was not sent down as punishment.

EDIT 6: Having narrowed it down to Scholtens and Santos, I’m going to deduce that the answer is … (drumroll please) … Santos.

The reason I feel that it’s Santos is because he has been used in later innings than Scholtens usually had been when coming out of the pen. Scholtens had been brought in at various points throughout games, whereas Santos has generally been used as a late-inning reliever.

Hell, given Santos’ record, it seems that his catnaps have worked for him. He wakes up, comes in refreshed, and TCBs.

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

With nothing in free agency, unless you make a trade for a third baseman in the off-season, you kinda need to hang onto Moncada. At least for early in the year. Trading him, you probably have to pay at least half of what he is owed between his 2024 salary and buyout.

Getting rid of him and eating the money is worth it, just like his fraud of an idol, Cano.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Getting rid of him and eating the money is worth it, just like his fraud of an idol, Cano.

Yeah I’m thinking it is most likely worth it. Sad it has come to this. I’m one of the idiots saying at the beginning of the year that he could easily bounce back a bit to what he once was, even going into this season. Boy was I (and others) wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vote4Pedro said:

I’ve been trying to sell this idea for about 2 years now. TA, Eloy and Moncada have to go. Unfortunately you are stuck with Moncada but these guys are not the dudes. Red flags have been raised many times with every single one of these players. 

"there are no consequences" says it all and something SoxTalk has know about for awhile.

images.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Wait there was a Sox player named Edgar Navarro this year 

1 minute ago, JoeC said:

This random-ass Yankees redditor has demonstrated more knowledge of our roster than I am capable of showing.

He's thrown three innings and made his debut on the 30th.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

He's thrown three innings and made his debut on the 30th.

I too had never known.

Sad.

I really don't watch anymore though. Rather enjoyed our previous 100 loss season, would watch all the time.

Still see our lineups sometimes and think "hey that's not so bad" because they were our dream lineups from 2018. Then you realize they are all hitting like a .600 ops.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

It would be a blessing. Do you really want to pay for the opportunity to mingle with these losers?

Are you asking this site if they would pay for the right to tell these front office people, up front and up close, how they feel?  You feel that this is a thing that they would not want to do?

25 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

We all know this. All you have had to do is watch this team the last 2 years to see that Eloy and Moncada are lazy players who are constantly hurt. That Grandal is washed up and can barely move behind the plate anymore. 

This is why it is more than frustrating for us Sox fans. It is and has been obvious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreatScott82 said:

Someone should confront Hahn with all of this. I wonder what kind of lawyer talk he’ll pull out of his ass on this one? You have 3 former players now coming out and talking about issues in the clubhouse. 

Maybe I missed something but who else said something?  I saw Burger say he had the most fun he's had playing baseball in a longtime in his first Miami media session, who I assume is 1 of the 2.  Who is the other?  

14 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I mean Ricky was not good with in game management, he was a great players manager though and it seemed like they all respected him. Dumbass front office (or Jerry) decided the next logical move was to bring in an alcoholic dinosaur to be manager

Ricky get's blamed for mismanaging a team with only 2 legitimate starters, on top of that Hahn brought up Crochet too early because he had no one else to fill the bullpen, and set his development back 3 years because of the injury.  Hard to win a short playoff with that pitching staff or develop players.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JoeC said:

For context, this is on the SoxFest 2024 page currently.

Screenshot_20230807_103822_Chrome.jpg

Damnit, we should do our own at Cork & Kerry or Bernice's. We can do an airing of the grievances and drunkenly march on Comiskey! I can picture Reinsdorf in his office frantically packing a bag with cash like Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life while a raucous crowd gathers with torches and pitchforks!

• Like 1