Keynan Middleton rips White Sox 'no rules' culture

maxjusttyped

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

I find it ironic that the worry when Tony was hired was that he would be too old school strict with the players. It would cramp the player's style. What is he going to say about the jewelry, etc?

So the players were allowed to create their own culture and look what they created.  Now we want a strict manager to lay down some rules for these men to follow. 

Hey Middleton, if you think being clean shaven makes a difference then grab your razor and be a leader. At least set the example. He wasn't any better than the rest. Now that he's in a playoff chase he'll give a s%*#?! Why not wake the fucking rookie up and tell him you don't sleep in MLB. 

This'll just be "Drake is our leader" pt 2

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

This'll just be "Drake is our leader" pt 2

I'm not gonna lie, somehow nothing this group has done (yet) has topped the LaRoche saga.

Edit: Group of players. How the front office survived that is beyond me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

Is there another one year bad contract that the Sox could swap Moncada for to get him off the team? 

Also you have to consider not picking up Eloy's options at this point or trading him. 

Trying to look now. Mostly looking at guys with options as well.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/04/2024-25-mlb-free-agents.html

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, Quin said:

I'm not gonna lie, somehow nothing this group has done (yet) has topped the LaRoche saga.

True chef's kiss moment was bringing Eaton back and macsands was alluding it was for more fire and leadership.

As most on board expected, he was DFAd a few months in.

• Like 1

The team was run correctly under Renteria.  Players seemed to play for him.  He was a terrible game day manager but that could be worked around.

When he was fired he needed to be replaced by somebody that could command the room.  That did not happen.

This organization failed the team by having a leadership void.  The players know the roster is poorly constructed and have no respect for the coaching staff, the front office or themselves.

Absolute s%*# show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

With nothing in free agency, unless you make a trade for a third baseman in the off-season, you kinda need to hang onto Moncada. At least for early in the year. Trading him, you probably have to pay at least half of what he is owed between his 2024 salary and buyout.

Yeah, force him to get surgery on that back and hope he comes to ST in 2024 ready to earn his next paycheck.  That's all you can do.  

I know I'm more old school than most here, but I always thought everyone on the team should wear the same uniform - that includes shoes, sleeves, etc.  Everyone should be in uniform team colors.

I remember Konerko didn't even want to wear a "C" on his uniform as captain because he was concerned that it was "a difference in the uniform."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Edit: Group of players. How the front office survived that is beyond me.

Maybe we can get Grandal, Moncada and Eloy to forego their contracts and start investigating some Southeast Asian sex trafficking!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I know I'm more old school than most here, but I always thought everyone on the team should wear the same uniform - that includes shoes, sleeves, etc.  Everyone should be in uniform team colors.

I remember Konerko didn't even want to wear a "C" on his uniform as captain because he was concerned that it was "a difference in the uniform."

I'm generally less old school than you, I think, but in this case, the team could use something like that... an authoritarian, heavy-handed brand of leadership. Even if it means just bringing the team together only to hate their "leader," sometimes a team is so dysfunctional that that's your only hope.

• Like 1

This is much worse than the drake stuff imo. That seemed to be isolated to a wing of the clubhouse and was mostly an externally driven scandal, whereas this seems to be pretty much an org wide call out including basic standards of professionalism -- that came not from the media digging, but from a former player freely offering it up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, force him to get surgery on that back and hope he comes to ST in 2024 ready to earn his next paycheck.  That's all you can do.  

Or have him take it slower. No rushing back. Maybe at the All Star break if they are playing half way decent. If not take the whole year. 

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Moncada seems like the kind of guy who will get himself into the best playing shape for his possible contract year...or maybe he'll be satisfied with his money and eat Twinkies all off season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m relieved to hear all of this.  It explains why so many of the players are just god awful now.

If it leads to change great, if not it's probably obit man time for my fandom. hard to hear a player call out the team I root for as not even meeting basic professional standards.

14 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Exactly, that’s why it’s called a uniform, everyone and everything should be uniform.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Abreu was not the leader nor as respected by the younger cubans as we were told

I mean......it certainly seems like nobody followed his lead. In that they missed time for every hang nail and Jose would play with a broken arm if he could. I'm sure he tried tbh, and his failed efforts may have contributed to his desire to move on. 

4 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Moncada seems like the kind of guy who will get himself into the best playing shape for his possible contract year...or maybe he'll be satisfied with his money and eat Twinkies all off season

I don’t think Yoan is too interested in a $1-3M deal in 2025. Consider the lifestyle adjustment that would require!!!! Seriously tho, I do think he’ll be prepared to have a decent walk year if the back cooperates. Seems that may be a big if, however. 

9 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

I'm not, like I said earlier it's easier to accept that the players just suck now rather than them not trying. 

Meh in all reality I’m sure it’s a solid mixture of they weren’t good enough to begin with and now they just don’t care which lets the bottom drop off 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t think Yoan is too interested in a $1-3M deal in 2025. Consider the lifestyle adjustment that would require!!!! Seriously tho, I do think he’ll be prepared to have a decent walk year if the back cooperates. Seems that may be a big if, however. 

That's why he'll have surgery this off season.