Middleton’s Wife Said The White Sox Kicked His Kids Out Of Daycare

South Side Hit Men

4 hours ago, Quin said:

I mean this had to have gone about in one of three ways:

Scenario 1:

Middleton: "Hey guys, can I bring my kids to the team daycare while visiting as a Yankee?"

Sox: "Sorry Keynan, the daycare is for Sox players only."

Middleton: "Ah, my apologies."

Scenario 2:

Middleton drops kids off at daycare without checking

Daycare attendant: "Excuse us Keynan, we can only watch after kids of Sox players."

Scenario 3:

@Eminor3rd calls Keynan Middleton: "Drop off your kids at daycare before the game."

Middleton: "Why wouldn't I just leave them with my wife or mom?"

Eminor3rd stares at Caulfield's profile picture on Soxtalk: "Chaos."

*eyeballs emoji*

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

What is the proper amount of time before forcefully uprooting kids from a day care they have become comfortable with over the course of a number of months...removing them from favorite teachers, toys and friends?

They would have treated theoretical Giolito kids the exact same way?

It all just appears vindictive and petty...

Well. I mean you’re only hearing one side of a story here. And really not much of that side.

Also, if they don’t live in Chicago, I’m not sure that not having access to the daycare while they’re in town playing would constitute “uprooting” a kid from their favorite teachers and friends. 

Idk, farbeit for me to give this FO the benefit of the doubt, but if this is a thing where a former player would normally get a favor/exception/warmer welcome when back in town — the dude decided to burn a bridge for what seems like no real gain, I feel like you gotta assume you aren’t gonna get favors granted after that. And he’s making like $800k this year, so it’s not like they can’t handle childcare.

But the real question is: why did you specifically want mine/elrockin’s opinions here lol. Just seems random

Edited by Eminor3rd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why the f*** would he feel entitled to day care from a team he no longer plays for? GTFO.

I get that, and even if he's making minimum he's doing better than most of us, so a babysitter shouldn't be too hard. But, this is a bit different. He was traded so recently his kids probably still live in the apartment the team probably helped him find to live in during the season. He's used it all season, and it probably has some familiarity with his kids and maybe they are friends with other players' kids. He's probably thinking he's doing his little ones a solid taking them there.  Again, I have no idea how old his kids are, or any liability concerns the White Sox would have.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Rules are rules. The White Sox threw Carlton Fisk out of the clubhouse in 1993 when he came to wish his ex teammates luck. I wonder why they dont enforce the smoking rule at the ballpark. JR always has a stogie going.

Because JR is a pompous prick that thinks he’s better than everyone.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

He's the richest guy in the ballpark so he feels like he can do whatever the hell he wants. 

If I was the richest guy in the ballpark and owned the team NGL I would feel that way too.  I don’t believe I would act as petty as he has over the years though, it’s been an incredible effort on his part 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If I was the richest guy in the ballpark and owned the team NGL I would feel that way too.  I don’t believe I would act as petty as he has over the years though, it’s been an incredible effort on his part 

I can be UNBELIEVABLY petty so I know I would.

• Haha 2
  • TLR 1

8 hours ago, Texsox said:

So they are leaving the kids in Chicago while he's playing in New York? That doesn't make sense. So he's now a visiting player and wants to have the same benefits as Sox players? 

I bet the Yankees allowed him to immediately use their day care. 

It's an employee benefit. He's not an employee. If they can show examples of other visiting players being allowed to, then I'll join the chorus of boos. But for following the established rules? I'm not going to criticize my team. 

The guy rips the organization on the way out the door then two weeks later "hey I know the rules but could you do me a favor and break them for me?"

So if you don’t know exactly the situation (and I admit I don’t either) you have a choice of who to believe. I choose to believe the s%*# show continues to be a s%*# show. This organization in its current state will never get the benefit of the doubt from me. 

• Fire 1

On 8/16/2023 at 6:43 PM, NCsoxfan said:

So if you don’t know exactly the situation (and I admit I don’t either) you have a choice of who to believe. I choose to believe the s%*# show continues to be a s%*# show. This organization in its current state will never get the benefit of the doubt from me. 

Although, what parent would leave their kids in the care of an organization they hated so much? Seems odd. 

You guys suck, you have no rules. Watch my kids for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

If I was a Jedi there is a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately. 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Points 7 and 8 were the only two that materialized, 7 in a bad way.

10 Reasons Why the Sox will win the AL Central in 2023:

1. Pedro - As bad to worse.
  2. Juan Castro - Somehow worse.
  3. Better Health - About the same.
  4. Eloy at DH - Still substandard.
  5. Vaughn at 1B - Work in progress.
  6. OF Defense - Colas is bad.
  7. Angry Tim - LOLz
  8. A New Junior - Yes!!!
  9. The rotation - Bottom 1/3.
  10. The Division - It does suck, but the Sox are by far the worst underperforming team in the AL (Mets and Caulfields in NL).
Edited by South Side Hit Men

24 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Points 7 and 8 were the only two that materialized, 7 in a bad way.

10 Reasons Why the Sox will win the AL Central in 2023:

1. Pedro - As bad to worse.
  2. Juan Castro - Somehow worse.
  3. Better Health - About the same.
  4. Eloy at DH - Still substandard.
  5. Vaughn at 1B - Work in progress.
  6. OF Defense - Colas is bad.
  7. Angry Tim - LOLz
  8. A New Junior - Yes!!!
  9. The rotation - Bottom 1/3.
  10. The Division - It does suck, but the Sox are by far the worst underperforming team in the AL (Mets and Caulfields in NL).

Or it could have been Juan Uribe, Jr., signing...lol.

• Texsox changed the title to Middleton’s Wife Said The White Sox Kicked His Kids Out Of Daycare
15 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The woman is Keynan’s wife. Not his mother. 

Then I'm even more confused.  She refers to him as her son in multiple posts, including a tribute to Jackie Robinson where she thanks him for giving her son a chance to play.  She also refers to him as her baby.  And her profile picture looks more like 50 something age wise.  His MLB bio says his wife is Nicole, not Stephanie.

8 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

Then I'm even more confused.  She refers to him as her son in multiple posts, including a tribute to Jackie Robinson where she thanks him for giving her son a chance to play.  She also refers to him as her baby.  And her profile picture looks more like 50 something age wise.  His MLB bio says his wife is Nicole, not Stephanie.

Okay maybe I’m wrong then. 

On 8/16/2023 at 3:58 PM, Kyyle23 said:

If I was the richest guy in the ballpark and owned the team, I would sit in my darkened office at the ballpark plotting ways to screw over Pop Fisher and get his shares of the team.