KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

I never want to cheer someone losing their income but I am cheering a new direction for Sox baseball. I would like to hear that JR has put together a search committee similar to what the Bears did. I wouldn't mind seeing someone from inside the organization but have two or three more from outside. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

I never want to cheer someone losing their income but I am cheering a new direction for Sox baseball. I would like to hear that JR has put together a search committee similar to what the Bears did. I wouldn't mind seeing someone from inside the organization but have two or three more from outside. 

This would absolutely be the correct way to conduct said process. Bring in outside professionals to work with ownership, external consultants with distinct backgrounds.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He is safe for now. JR didn’t want to pay another intern guy. But keep in mind, there was a report not too long ago where JR didn’t seem too enamored with Pedro. Certainly not at the level that Hahn and KW were. Ultimately the new GM decides who the manager is. 

I like Randy Flores for the job. He can draft. If the Sox can start drafting correctly and actually he very good at it, that will lead to sustained success.

Hahn has a lot of time now to find a parade.

There is nobody worth hiring that would take a job where Jerry Reinsdorf is dictating manager hires. Especially after TLR fiasco. If there is any teuth to Pedro being safe, there is ZERO chance to make a good hire.

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

This would absolutely be the correct way to conduct said process. Bring in outside professionals to work with ownership, external consultants with distinct backgrounds.

I'm also interested to see if any of JR's family gets involved. That will signal what direction any succession may take. 

Or could JR be increasing perceived value for a possible sale? 

• Like 1

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

There is nobody worth hiring that would take a job where Jerry Reinsdorf is dictating manager hires. Especially after TLR fiasco. If there is any teuth to Pedro being safe, there is ZERO chance to make a good hire.

Dikta came in and was forced a Defensive Coordinator. The next GM should have at least five years to show results. That's beyond Pedro's contract. I think there is a good chance a good hire would take the position. Much better than zero chance. 

It’s hard to know whether I’m being an ostrich about these gets reports. I don’t really think much about them because in other examples that’s a nice thing you do for an employee who is likely to be out of a job. 

But we don’t have many examples of Sox searches for 30 years. And I was an ostrich over the Tony stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Dikta came in and was forced a Defensive Coordinator. The next GM should have at least five years to show results. That's beyond Pedro's contract. I think there is a good chance a good hire would take the position. Much better than zero chance. 

That team won because of the DC’s defense, and Jim Fink’s drafting. Ditka was a good coach, but the White Sox are definitely not getting the top candidates out there who are hot names. Not with this situation (if true)

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

That team won because of the DC’s defense, and Jim Fink’s drafting. Ditka was a good coach, but the White Sox are definitely not getting the top candidates out there who are hot names. Not with this situation (if true)

Agreed. But not only because they would want to hire a manager. It's 100+ years of bad baseball operations. 

And just looking through some recent hires, not many were in positions to hire a manager their first season. 

7 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

The problem is still at the top. Getz takes over, so what? KW and RH were bad but the bad will keep coming. 

I would be more stunned if Getz gets the job than I am with the moves today. You don’t clean house only to hire in house. Especially with a guy that has been questionable in his job at best. Ultimately JR made this decision , but someone convinced him this was the move to make. I wonder who it was. Other investors? Hawk? LaRussa? His son? Steve Stone? It was someone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I would be more stunned if Getz gets the job than I am with the moves today. You don’t clean house only to hire in house. Especially with a guy that has been questionable in his job at best. Ultimately JR made this decision , but someone convinced him this was the move to make. I wonder who it was. Other investors? Hawk? LaRussa? His son? Steve Stone? It was someone.

Other investors is my guess; LaRussa is my fear.

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I’m thinking Stone, Steve is no dummy and knows the game. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I agree. In house could have been accomplished by a couple title swaps. 

I don't think JR is as ignorant as some may believe. He knew there was a problem. It's obvious. He waited until after the trade deadline which makes sense. September is a good time to start a search and see which candidates become available. 

The cynical side of me links this announcement and stadium talk. But I'm as easy as any other die hard fan. I'm all in on a new front office. 

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

It’s hard to know whether I’m being an ostrich about these gets reports. I don’t really think much about them because in other examples that’s a nice thing you do for an employee who is likely to be out of a job. 

But we don’t have many examples of Sox searches for 30 years. And I was an ostrich over the Tony stuff.

I think we'll be safe from Getz.