KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

If they give the gig to Getz this is 2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

If I was in charge I'd make some phone calls to Theo, Dombrowski and others and ask them what the price to come to Chicago is. If it's too high, I'd pick their brains for who they think under them is ready for a promotion. I'd then give that person carte blanche to rework the entire org, from the guy watering the field to the baseball operations department.

How dare you bring The Sodfather into this!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I agree. In house could have been accomplished by a couple title swaps. 

I don't think JR is as ignorant as some may believe. He knew there was a problem. It's obvious. He waited until after the trade deadline which makes sense. September is a good time to start a search and see which candidates become available. 

The cynical side of me links this announcement and stadium talk. But I'm as easy as any other die hard fan. I'm all in on a new front office. 

All he had to do was look in the mirror.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Thank you Lord.

Of course if Getz is named GM nothing will really change and even if JR goes outside of the organization (which he absolutely needs to) unless he allows them free reign, gives them a good budget to work with and let's them overhaul areas like medical, player development and drafting it won't matter much. 

It actually makes perfect sense for Jerry to invest in a top of the line organization top to bottom now that he's planning on selling. Milk the last bit out of the organization before he moves on/passes.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I think we'll be safe from Getz.

He was clearly on a glide path to the job eventually before the humiliation this season. Because Jerry likes him. We aren’t talking about an owner that hires on merit/ability/accomplishment first. He hires chiefly  because he has existing personal relationships. I suspect that relationship still  being intact may win the day.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Someone needs to stay on and keep the lights on during a search.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Someone needs to stay on and keep the lights on during a search.

Yeah so,eome needs to do the token GM stuff now. Once a new guy is in place, he or she will want their people. That’s when hopefully the vast majority of the remaining dopes are flushed. That’s for Pedro.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah so,eome needs to do the token GM stuff now. Once a new guy is in place, he or she will want their people. That’s when hopefully the vast majority of the remaining dopes are flushed. That’s for Pedro.

Yup and we can say what we will of AK, I liked the process and still like him in his role. Lonzo really changed everything from that plan design.

If sox go full external and hire someone of similar ilk in baseball I'd be ecstatic. 

From DVS's story tonight at the Sun-Times:

"Assistant general manager Chris Getz, who oversees the Sox’ farm system, and assistant GM Jeremy Haber are assuming GM duties while Reinsdorf looks for a new top front office person. Getz will be a candidate for the GM post."

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

The official statement says “single decision maker” will be in place “by the end of the season.”  That means no one who is currently under contract. That means either JR is thinking an internal candidate, or someone who is currently freeish like Epstein, Click, or, God forbid, TLR.

That's just JR understaffing as usual. 2 positions to fill ? Fill them with 1 person !

If you're changing management, then the owner shouldn't fire the manager. Let the new GM make that decision. I suspect a new GM might even like having a manager from the old regime in there because it's an easy fall guy when the team is disappointing again.